As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will be a shared owner of the vision for Samsara’s GTM and Salesforce systems. You will be responsible for being the go-to SME for our business partners, initiating and delivering on large and complex projects, in addition to providing production support for system enhancements and bug fixes. As we are a lean team, we’ll expect you to roll your sleeves up and help with support particularly during month/quarter end also spending time on internal testing to ensure release quality.
This role is open to candidates residing in the US except the San Francisco Bay Area (125 mi. radius from 1 De Haro St, San Francisco) and NYC Metro Area (50 mi. radius from 131 W 55th St, New York).
You should apply if:
- You want to impact the industries that run our world: Your efforts will result in real-world impact—helping to keep the lights on, get food into grocery stores, and most importantly, ensure workers return home safely.
- You have innate curiosity in how businesses work: One day you’ll meet with someone in waste management and the next you may be learning about the inner workings of a food distribution center. Our top sales team members seek to learn the ins and outs of the businesses they support in order to make a larger impact.
- You build genuine relationships with your customers: The industries we serve have relied on pen-and-paper solutions for years and haven’t been met with the type of technology we offer. Our customers value earned trust and human relationships built over time.
- You want to be with the best: Samsara’s high-performance culture means you’ll be surrounded by the best and challenged to go farther than you have before.
- You are a team player: At Samsara, sales is a team sport. We help each other out by sharing best practices and focus on winning as a team.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Identify and collaborate effectively with key ICs and leaders across Sales, Marketing, IT, Finance and more to solve key business challenges through implementing best practice solutions which can include process change, configuration, and/or customization.
- Perform complex business and systems analysis work to provide forward thinking, long term technical solutions.
- Facilitate and host cross-functional requirement sessions to elicit, document, and define business requirements to identify functional scope. Able to identify unspoken/ conflicting requirements and drive meaningful change even going against the grain (as needed).
- Drive design and system configuration within Salesforce, and other key GTM systems.
- Prepare and review documentation for current processes, pain points, and assumptions for finance systems and continuously identify opportunities that will streamline workflows and processes within accounting.
- Draw from your experience to recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards that improves the team and our users’ experience while delivering long term scalability.
- Assist in the ongoing administration of Salesforce and other GTM systems as part of a team effort.
- Maintain our critical business systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and provide day-to-day administration of the critical business systems that drive our global finance operations.
- Support for key month/ quarter end close processes (on call).
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant Salesforce, Marketo and/or Lean Data experience
- Experience with designing and supporting integrations between Salesforce and other business systems
- Strong understanding of key go to market business processes (Lead Mgmt, Opportunity to Quote, Quote-to-Cash)
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience supporting lead mgmt tools such as Lean Data.
- Salesforce CPQ experience.