On the Business Operations team at Dave, you will play a pivotal role in driving critical strategic initiatives. You will collaborate with business stakeholders to lead company-wide initiatives that emphasize growth and efficiency. We are seeking highly-motivated individuals who are entrepreneurial yet grounded in the realities of the business and those with a strong track record of delivering results at high-growth, tech-enabled businesses.
The ideal candidate will balance both macro-level strategic thinking (long-term planning) and the ability to get stuff done (the day-to-day). In this role, you’ll demonstrate a passion for connecting the dots around our business by applying a strategic mindset, and present ideas and recommendations to our leadership and functional stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Drive business value measured by cost savings or incremental revenue, while effectively managing cross-functional teams
- Develop a deep understanding of key value drivers to identify value creation opportunities
- Serve as strategic partner to Dave senior leadership and product teams to help execute on what to do, and leading different initiatives
- Partner with cross-functional teams to shape the vision and execution across key company growth and operations efforts. This role will offer direct exposure to working with Product, Marketing, Data, Design/Research, Member Success, Fraud/Risk teams, and external partners.
- Provide project based support, often starting by taking an idea, developing a project scope, bringing a team together and executing against a timeline, all while maintaining alignment with operational units and executive stakeholders.
- Partner with the business to design effective reporting and KPIs to ensure rigorous measurement of performance.
- Structure complex problems and perform analyses to identify risks/opportunities that are key to effectively scaling the company.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve performance issues, define actionable and innovative improvement levers, and support the implementation/rollout of recommendations for high-priority initiatives.
- Review vendor invoices to uncover opportunities for cost savings within Dave’s payment stack. Spearhead internal team coordination and present findings to external vendors, driving initiatives that introduce cost efficiency.
- Each week, synthesize the latest industry happenings into an executive summary that highlights why this matters to Dave.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of experience at a fast paced, leading technology company, finance role, consulting or VC/PE with financial services section experience
- BA/BS degree in business, math, statistics, or related disciplines
- Experience partnering with Product departments to develop strategic projects that enable the business to execute its highest priority initiatives
- Strong command of Excel and other data visualization tools to manipulate data, extract insights and create summarized narratives help our leadership team make data driven decisions
- Partner with functional areas of Dave including Finance, Product, Marketing, Member Success and Analytics to execute on project focus areas
- Prepare key reporting presentations and communications that summarize information concisely for both internal and external stakeholders
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to help influence executive stakeholders in making informed data-driven decisions
- Strong organizational and process management skills, comfortable with multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced, demanding environment; ability to set clear goals and effectively prioritize workload; operate both autonomously and within teams under pressure
$119,000 – $191,000 a year