Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company through strong analytics and business insights? We’re looking for a Senior Business Analyst with a passion for infrastructure, business intelligence and drive informed business decisions from data. As a Senior Business Analyst on our Customer Support Services team, you will lead strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights, guide initiatives to measure business health such as building dashboards and key performance indicators. This role partners closely with key business leads, focusing on some of the most exciting challenges Atlassian faces!
The ideal candidate will have a background in applied statistics, economics or a related quantitative field, will have strong business acumen, will have experience delivering data visualization solutions and business insights, and will have experience engaging with stakeholders. You are a self-starter, eager to learn, passionate about impact, and have demonstrated success in building data tooling and insights to drive understanding, progression, and decision making for large organizations.
In this role you will:
- Dig into a variety of large data sets and identify trends, gaps, and opportunities to move business forward
- Define metrics/KPIs and provide reporting to show how our business is going (up to the right)
- Deliver scaled reporting and self-serve analytics solutions with high visibility
- Work closely with data engineers to build a scalable data infrastructure for analytics
- Use data visualization, statistics, and story telling to effectively answer open-ended business questions
- Present your awesome data results and recommendations to senior leaders
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- 5+ years experience in analytics field
- Strong business acumen that you can navigate through complexity and ambiguity
- Strong communication skills to tell data stories to non-technical audience
- Strong technical background in data visualization tools, statistics, measurement, SQL, data instrumentation
- Project management skills
It’s great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience in B2B, customer support, customer success
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- Technical skills in R/Python
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.