Organizations of all sizes in every vertical and geography across the world are realizing the benefits of outsourcing the care and feeding of their self-managed IT infrastructure to Managed Cloud Services. Red Hat is building a specialized global sales support team to quickly ramp up this go to market through Red Hat’s Managed OpenShift offerings on AWS, Azure, and other public clouds. If you’re up for the challenge, read on!
The Managed OpenShift Black Belt is a highly technical sales engineering role created to assist sales and advance the adoption of Managed OpenShift in cloud service providers. A Black Belt is a person at the pinnacle of their individual contributor technical career, who has built, deployed, and supported production applications, and is ready to put on a Technical Sales hat. This background is the cornerstone of influencing through empathy. Having experienced development and/or operations issues first-hand, Black Belts can use their knowledge to credibly propose the adoption of the Red Hat solutions addressing these unique issues. Black Belts are ready to have the crucial conversations with dissenting lines of business on the customer side, winning the hearts and minds across the customer organization to the new vision, removing blockers, and helping the customer achieve strategic outcomes using the Red Hat platform. The Managed OpenShift Black Belt is the person guiding the customer in making success a reality!
The role requires a deep understanding of the importance of delivering productive outcomes through workloads in the cloud, and enabling direct account sales engineering peers to do the same for customers. The ideal candidate will have a significant background in delivering meaningful outcomes to production. This role acts on the strategic vision for broad adoption of Red Hat Managed OpenShift Cloud Services, including community outreach, contributing high value ideas, delivering internal “DevOpsDays”-style events, workshops, and more, to educate and enable. This role requires the ability to have customer-facing conversations with a variety of audiences, from front line developers to CxO, as well as external evangelism conversations.
What you will do
- Work with the customer account team to identify blockers to Managed OpenShift adoption, plan and execute on the sale through crucial conversations, training events, and technical onboarding
- Understand the customer IT landscape, and develop customer-tailored solutions based on Managed OpenShift Cloud Services
- Work closely with managed services product teams by providing feedback and identifying gaps in the offerings
- Assist Senior Manager of Global Managed OpenShift Black Belts with building go to market strategy for Managed OpenShift Cloud Services adoption
- Build lasting relationships with cloud providers and other 3rd parties to jointly gain massive adoption of Red Hat software in customers
- Facilitate both pre and post-sales activities including technical deep dives, proof of concepts, “bake-offs,” internal “DevOpsDays” events, application portfolio reviews, onboarding, etc.
- Execute community outreach and evangelism
- Interface with regional sales engineering for account planning and GTM as needed
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
What you will bring
- 4+ current years of application development or IT operations experience
- 2+ years of experience at an enterprise software or SaaS company
- Subject matter expert of Kubernetes ecosystem, including competing technologies
- Subject matter expert in one or more Cloud Service Providers
- Subject matter expert in DevOps, agile, and similar concepts
- Current practical knowledge of full-stack application development and deployment tools, including those of CI/CD, build, deployment, project management, automation, source code management, testing, quality/security, monitoring [APM], and modern programming languages/frameworks, and configuration of the same, to deliver applications to production
- Executive presence with public speaking skills
- Approaches with a Challenger Mindset
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 2+ years of consulting experience with major SI
- Extensive community brand in circles such as DevOps Days and DOES
- Ability to execute demonstrations of Red Hat products and cloud services
- Expert practitioner of the Challenger Sales Model