At Khoros, our passion is to help the world’s best brands create customers for life. The Khoros engagement platform comprises Online Community, Social Media Management and Messaging products for social customer service, social support and social media marketing teams to listen, respond and act on customer conversations – creating deep relationships and fostering brand loyalty and advocacy.
As a Senior Application Engineer, you will become an expert with Khoros’ Care and Marketing products, and implementing customizations and integrations for our customers using the platform API. You will be expected to define best practices and document to ensure repeatability. You will also be the point person working directly with our customers to ensure the solutions you build are meeting their expectations. You are an excellent collaborator, working with our Project Managers and Solutions Architects on the requirements and design for the software you develop.
- Understanding customer goals or requirements and guiding them to an appropriate technical solution; scoping, estimating, architecting, then designing and implementing custom features or integrations to Khoros’ core products; articulating complex technical concepts in layman’s terms
- Overseeing the delivery of multiple in-flight projects from a technical standpoint with the goal that the completed implementation adheres to the intended design and properly addresses the business requirements
- Work with the product and engineering teams to create and document best practices regarding the integrations and customizations
- Contributing to operational and process improvements within the department
- Supporting teammates to maximize their professional effectiveness and potential; ensuring that colleagues have a path to resolution on technical issues, assisting or redirecting if necessary
- Managing and accounting for your own time and activities
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms, object-oriented programming, design patterns, concurrency, files and databases, performance analysis
- 5+ years professional experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially AWS Lambdas
- UNIX based environments and use of software revision control systems (Git, SVN, etc.)
- DevOps and (CI/CD) practices (e.g. Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, etc.)
- Test-driven development and testing frameworks (e.g.: JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Nighthawk)
- Familiarity with the following a plus:
- Public key cryptography including TLS/SSL, SSH, and X.509 PKI
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms (Salesforce, MS Dynamics, Zendesk, etc.)
- React.js, Angular, or other UI/UX libraries
- Strong command of the English language (written, spoken, colloquial)
- Ability to travel ~25% (for customer meetings, conferences, internal meetings or workshops)
This role is budgeted in the $110 – $120K OTE range. Salary will ultimately be based on a candidate’s experience and external market factors.