As a Senior Software Engineer on our Data Platform team you will be building highly available storage platforms that are operationally simple, scale to billions of objects, and have predictable read and write performance.
Our Data Platform team maintains backend infrastructure that does data curation of large data sets in order to search, visualize, explore, and analyze all labeled and unlabeled data, metadata, and model inferences.
Your Day to Day
- Design, build, deliver and maintain complex backend systems and integrations that store billions of records, offer consistent query performance, and reasonable transactional guarantees at hundreds of thousands of queries per second.
- Take the lead on critical escalations, drive them to resolution, and see them as opportunities to improve.
- Empower other engineering and product teams to identify their data needs and deliver APIs for them to efficiently access it.
- 8+ years of experience as a either a full-stack or backend software engineer
- You have experience in a modern programming language (Typescript, Python)
- You have expertise in multiple storage systems (Relational Databases, Key-Value Stores, Cloud Buckets, etc.)
- You are Experienced with Google Cloud or AWS
- You are familiar with DevOps technologies (ArgoCD, CodeFresh, Kubernetes, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Experience with integrations with Databricks
- ETL mechanisms
- Google Spanner
- Messaging systems (e.g. Kafka and Google pub/sub)
Labelbox strives to ensure pay parity across the organization and discuss compensation transparently. The expected annual base salary range for United States-based candidates is $170,000 – $215,000.