Compensation: The pay range for this role is $100,000 to $115,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Founded in 2018 by Harry Etra, HXE Partners, a Morrow Sodali Company, was created to address the widening gaps between what investors were asking for and what companies were providing in terms of sustainability and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) information. The need for better disclosure ultimately leads to the need for better strategies and their thoughtful implementation – our firm has grown to support clients across all three pillars of the sustainability and ESG value creation process.
Following the acquisition in 2023 by Morrow Sodali, a global stakeholder engagement and ESG advisory firm, HXE Partners is preparing for continued growth of our services and team. We are a values-based and impact-driven organization. Our team comprises some of the best and brightest sustainability and ESG professionals, and we are always striving to build a workplace that can support our people at any stage of their career. Our dedication to client service, quality work, and continuous learning has allowed us to become one of the most successful advisory firms in our space.
The Senior Associate, Climate will be a key member of HXE Partners’ dynamic and growing team. We work with leading companies across a variety of industries and the Associate will work directly with HXE team members and clients. Beyond sustainability, greenhouse gas emissions accounting, and ESG stakeholder engagement and reporting deliverables, the Senior Associate will have the opportunity to work on high impact, strategic projects to implement ESG management best practices, which in turn create real business value for our clients.
- Manage quantitative data collection processes including primary and secondary data, perform greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) accounting and verification.
- Lead development and delivery of end-to-end Science Based Targets workstreams, from carbon footprint baseline year calculations to carbon reduction forecasting / pathways and submission to the SBTi.
- Lead stakeholder engagement interviews across a variety of functions and industries to source underreported or new ESG performance data and information.
- Lead the delivery of data solutions and Excel-based tool development to support our client deliverables.
- Facilitate detailed discovery sessions to understand clients’ business needs and technical requirements.
- Develop documentation and deliver training as needed for implementation of solutions and internally developed tools.
- Directly interface with clients and partners to deliver standardized solutions and support understanding and implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal team members, clients, and partners.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of ESG reporting best practices to inform solution development and delivery.
- Contribute to various firm business development, communication, marketing, and administrative activities.
Successful Candidates Would
- Have experience and knowledge of the GHG Protocol and related standards (e.g., Corporate Standard, Scope 2 Standard, Product Standard, Scope 3 Standard, etc.).
- Have strong analytical, technical, and database management skills and be comfortable managing and analyzing large data sets with high attention to detail.
- Have experience developing data quality controls and checks on various data outputs and calculations.
- Understand and apply leading ESG reporting frameworks and standards such as the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), and others.
- Have experience with ESG ratings providers and assessments such as ISS, MSCI, Sustainalytics, CDP, CSA, and the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB).
- Be committed to learning new concepts and industry best practices within a fast-paced, high-performance consulting environment.
- Be able to communicate and give presentations effectively and professionally.
- Possess strong writing and editing abilities.
- Be comfortable executing multiple projects and high-quality deliverables simultaneously with excellent time management skills and sense of prioritization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of relevant professional experience (i.e., climate change, sustainability and ESG, management consulting, data management)
- GHG Protocol familiarity and training (inventory boundary setting, Scope 1 and 2 calculation methodologies, Scope 3 emissions sources)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (INDEXMATCH, data tables, and Power Query knowledge preferred)
- Familiarity with front-facing data analysis and representation (examples include Tableau, PowerBI, Python, etc.)
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Our Interview Process
We personally review every application, and if we think there might be a fit, we’ll reach out via email within a couple days to start the conversation. From there, our hiring process includes:
- 30-minute video interview with a member of our Operations Team
- Review of prior work samples
- 45-minute video interview with a member of our Management Team
- Case study exercise
- Additional 45-minute video interview with a member of our Management Team
- Final 30-minute video interview with our Managing Director, Harry Etra