We are stoked to be growing our Finance team! The Senior Accountant will be an intricate part of leveling up the financial infrastructure and practices at dutchie. The Senior Accountant will be invaluable in creating and improving the financial infrastructure of dutchie. You will spear-head the month-end close activities, while assisting in creating processes and finding efficiencies along the way. You will leverage internal systems to ensure accurate revenue recognition, expense coding, and financial reporting. In addition, you will have the opportunity to take on special projects and solve technical accounting issues. To thrive in this position, you’ll be excited to approach all obstacles in a high growth environment, exemplify excellence in your deliverables, and better every process and project you work on at dutchie.
What you’ll do…
- Establish formal GL closing and other accounting process procedures
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP, internal policies, financial reporting requirements, and external audits.
- Assist in leading and establishing full cycle general ledger cycle to ensure complete and accurate financials, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and flux analyses.
- Assist with ERP implementation, other ad hoc projects, and research technical accounting issues.
- Act as a strong business partner across the organization to establish best practices and efficient operations.
- Drive continuous improvement around processes and systems
and assist in automating procedures.
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests.
Who you are…
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field 3+ years of accounting experience
- Big 4 accounting experience a plus and industry experience is preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance