During this period of exciting growth, Morressier is seeking a (senior) key account manager to manage a portfolio of US-based clients. Morressier’s client relationships are our most valuable asset, and thus this is a critical role in ensuring their continued satisfaction and sense of community. In this role you will:
- Act as the chief liaison and key point of contact between the client and the broader Morressier team;
- Manage the client contract ensuring all requirements and affiliated timelines are met and exceeded;
- Foster renewals and develop opportunities to extend and enhance client contracts (upsell opportunities);
- Interact with client staff on an ongoing basis in a friendly, communicative, and professional manner;
- Develop a high level of understanding of the product and services, enabling independent problem solving on minor issues, prioritizing and escalating as needed;
- Gather business requirements for new developments and enhancements, and proactively look for ways to enrich the client relationship;
- Work closely with all departments, including with Product, Design, and Engineering to innovate and inform the roadmap based on client needs and feedback and with Sales for new bids and RFP responses for multiyear/enterprise clients;
- Define, monitor, and analyze key metrics that measure client success and contribute to overall company goals; and
- Other activities as required to support this highly cross-functional global team.
This is an ideal role for an individual with both technical skills and a client-first approach to project management. This position will be based out of our US subsidiary in Washington, DC but may be remote (East Coast preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree
- Relevant (6-7 years) experience in account management, customer success, or a consultative sales role
- Experience in academia or the scholarly communications industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, and attention to detail
- Natural relationship cultivator, service orientation
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of internal communication and collaboration with global colleagues
- Technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new software
- Ability to travel locally, domestically, and potentially internationally (all post-pandemic when global travel advisories allow) to meet with clients and colleagues
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience selling, managing, or building technical products or services
Morressier is the leading platform for conferences designed for enduring value. Since 2014, more than 200 of the world’s leading professional and scientific organizations trust Morressier to support their virtual and hybrid meetings, engage their users, and amplify their content. Morressier offers its clients a powerful platform, granular data and analytics, and extensive possibilities for revenue generation. At the same time, increased accessibility to previously ephemeral content accelerates breakthroughs and innovation.
Morressier is a fast-growing technology company with prominent investors on board and a highly-motivated team located in their main offices in Berlin, Washington DC, and remote around the world. We are looking for passionate people who are excited about how we can change science for the better and accelerate innovation.