What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Information Systems Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As an Security Information Systems Engineer, you’ll join our IT, Network and Security Operations team. This is a growing 24/7 operations team focused on triaging, responding, troubleshooting, resolving and running root cause analysis for infrastructure, system, and security events. In this role you will provide accurate and timely communication during impacting events and major incident management issues. We’re looking for a team member who operates with a sense of urgency and can work through high-stress situations while embodying our values of Openness, Optimism, and Ownership. If you’re looking for the opportunity to leverage your proactive mindset to build and operationalize enterprise monitoring solutions to grow observability—we have just the job for you.
This position will report to the Network & Security Operations Manager and is based remote. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Support application, infrastructure, network monitoring, security and event management in a production IT environment
- Conduct daily system monitoring, including responding to, analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents
- Handle major incident response, triage, escalations, and management; escalating when needed and interacting with 3rd party vendors during impacting incidents
- Build meaningful technical and business value dashboards to monitor infrastructure and systems performance for corporate and client-facing endpoints (e.g., network, server, database, 3rd party vendor services, etc.).
- Ensure our partner teams receive accurate and timely communications for major incidents and develop response and eventing automation
- Work in a 24/7 environment and participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Contribute to project development in an agile environment
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a comparable field with 2+ years of experience working in a network or systems administration role
- Experience in troubleshooting/resolving L2|L3 application and infrastructure issues (e.g. network, server, database, etc), as well as 2+ years of UNIX/Linux Knowledge
- Advanced troubleshooting skills for common network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Groovy, etc.
- Experience building alerts, queries, and dashboards (e.g. LogicMonitor, Sumo Logic, New Relic, OpsGenie)
- Ability to translate complex infrastructure problems for non-technical audiences
- Knowledge or certification in ITIL Framework a plus
- Knowledge of NIST guidelines is a plus
- Project management experience or experience with Financial, Construction, Project Management, or ERP software solutions a plus