The School Engagement Manager will partner closely with our Strategic CSMs to build and strengthen relationships with some of the largest school districts in the country. You’ll focus on prioritized schools within these large districts to drive school production adoption, build relationships with school stakeholders, connect district goals to individual school use, and share user feedback with internal stakeholders. You’ll help prioritize outreach and create scalable strategies that deliver results within prioritized schools. You’ll leverage data, our tech stack, and customer insights to drive company results in product adoption, renewal, and expansion with individual school buyers. You will also manage customers as they go through the Newsela Customer Journey, and will ensure they have the necessary support and resources at each step in the process to create an exceptional experience from the pre-sale team introduction throughout the full lifecycle. Through your partnership with schools, your customers will see Newsela as a trusted advisor and thought leader. Reporting to the Strategic CSM, you’ll partner closely with our Sales, Support, and Customer Success teams.
Why You’ll Love This Role:
- As part of our growing Customer Success team, you’ll have the opportunity to get exposure to working with Enterprise sized districts.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with other team members and learn about all aspects of managing centralized and decentralized subscriptions and how to build an effective partnership based on outcomes.
- In this role, you get to go deep and work closely with the end users of our product. You will get to truly understand school and district needs and guide them to use Newsela to accomplish meaningful student engagement.
- Your work will directly impact the expansion and adoption of Newsela products in K-12 classrooms nationwide, and will ultimately help bring engaging, culturally responsive learning content to students and teachers.
Why You’re A Great Fit:
- You have experience in the education field, either working in district or partnering with district’s at previous companies.
- You are experienced in client success planning, and are able to ask discovery questions, actively listen, and synthesize client goals.
- You’ve demonstrated success driving product adoption with users, and are always learning more to make sure you are a product expert.
- You also uncover hidden needs and ask probing questions to get to the root of a problem; you do not simply take what a client says at face value, but are able to tactfully challenge the client’s thinking and uncover needs and risks. You take all of this information and translate client stated goals into goals that are applicable to Newsela.
- Additionally you proactively manage your client relationships and build a strategic plan to maximize results.
- You monitor account health to identify areas of risk and opportunity, and leverage data and insights to drive product and partnership action.
- As a collaborator, you have a proven history of partnering with the Sales team to achieve revenue goals, and are able to work across teams to galvanize support and ensure clients have the resources they need to get the most out of their partnership.
- While not required, a background in education and/or Gainsight and Salesforce (SFDC) experience is a plus.
Base compensation range: $60,000 – $65,000