Are you looking for a sales role that will enable you to hone your craft at a fast growing digital agency in an exploding segment of the market? Are you competitive and self-motivated with previous sales and marketing experience? Our high-producing team is poised for explosive growth and we’re looking for an enthusiastic sales professional to help us achieve our goals.
We’re building a different kind of work environment at SmartBug Media – one where you can deliver great results, have a great time with people you respect, and still embrace the things that matter in life. We focus on development and growth.
SmartBug’s Sales Executives report to the Director of Sales, and are responsible for executing our inbound sales methodology, properly forecasting sales numbers for new accounts, and achieving quotas each month across our six core lines of business: inbound marketing, paid media, website design, sales enablement, revenue operations and public relations.
- Showcase your expertise in inbound marketing and inbound sales.
- Close new business consistently at or above quota level.
- Manage all aspects of the sales funnel, from qualification to close.
- Employ (and contribute to the evolution of) SmartBug’s existing inbound sales process.
- Participate in the development and execution of your tiered, target account list and partner with marketing and fellow sales executives to build effective programs to penetrate accounts
- Conduct needs assessments calls with sales qualified leads, leveraging your business acumen from past experience consulting on and selling demand generation and/or sales enablement strategies in the SaaS, manufacturing, healthcare, and/or professional services verticals, among others.
- Respond to sales inquiries via email and phone as assigned.
- Engage in intelligent, prescriptive, and educational-based outreach to expose good fit clients to SmartBug’s offerings
- Leverage HubSpot’s entire Sales Hub, demonstrating inbound selling methodology through each sales interaction
- Maintain pristine CRM records and accurate pipeline forecasting
- Monitor performance against key performance indicators and implement improvement strategies, as required.
- Contribute as a sales and marketing thought leader as an author for SmartBug’s own blog and by engaging regularly throughout targeted social media and community-based platforms
- Become a true evangelist of SmartBug’s employee advocacy program
- Share your inbound sales knowledge by contributing to the SmartBug blog and webinar series.
- Rock the future customer experience by demonstrating your inbound expertise to identify pains and architect solutions that are best for the customer’s business needs.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship is required
- Experience running a consultative sales process in a marketing agency environment in which the agency delivered inbound marketing, website design and development, and/or sales enablement services.
- Working knowledge of CRM best practices and sales enablement tools.
- Superior communication skills, whether on video conference, phone calls, in-person, or written communication.
- The ability to assess business problems and prescribe solutions as they relate to sales and marketing initiatives for our clients.
- An innate hunger and the self-discipline to grow, as well as a willingness to help others succeed.
- Alignment with our values
- Inbound marketing, inbound sales, HubSpot marketing, and HubSpot sales certifications preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Experience selling marketing, paid media, web, integrations, PR, and/or sales services.
- Experience purchasing marketing services and/or managing agency relationships as a client, preferred.
- Experience working remotely preferred
- Application submission
- Video application submission
- Phone screen with HR
- Series of 2-3 video calls with hiring team
- Reference checking
Our Extensive Employee Benefits Program Includes:
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
About SmartBug Media™
SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 90+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere. SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 4 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest-rated partner in the world.