A Sales Engineer understands that while prospective customers share many characteristics, each is unique and requires a carefully constructed solution to help them achieve their specific security goals. We are looking for a sales engineer who is able to discern where a customer is on their security maturity journey and assess whether or not the Red Canary solution fits into their current project plans and organizational needs.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are ecstatic about the opportunity to guide prospects through the customer journey and evangelize the Red Canary solution. In this position you will have the opportunity to creatively identify opportunities for improvement and take the reins on implementing solutions.
Much of your day-to-day work consists of pre-sales interactions as you support a team of Account Executives during presentations and proof of concepts. While not directly supporting your team, your time will be focused on a variety of project work and ad-hoc requests. Project work may include performing product research-and-development, maturing current functional processes and writing and refactoring scripts.
What You’ll Do
- Advocate for the customer and ensure they are always heard, understood and taken care of
- Create and deliver custom presentations that capture the problems, solutions, and overall progress throughout the proof-of-concept journey
- Facilitate interactive, informative, and tailored proof-of-concepts
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of primary security tenants including: confidentiality, integrity, availability, role-based access control, segmentation, etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental cloud infrastructure concepts: virtual private clouds (VPS), compute, elasticity, and the storage, processing, and securing of data
- Able to maintain a big picture view of the solution, understanding not only the technology but how the solution fits into the overall business problem that Red Canary is solving
- Willingly push back on customers when it is in their best interest; comfortable with difficult conversations
- Listen first and are adept at working across internal and external teams with competing priorities
- Focus on the needs of prospects and are genuinely excited about forging a path forward when none exists
- You are an absolute professional, comfortable working with day-to-day technical practitioners as well as those at C-Level
- Bonus points if you are adept with Windows and Linux command-line and are comfortable with configuring systems, troubleshooting, and interacting with scripts or have experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc.
- Bonus points if you have practical knowledge of enterprise endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions including the ability to administer and configure EDRs, understand metadata and its value in delivering visibility to organizations and are driven to proactively hunt through large endpoint datasets in order to find activity of interest
What You’ll Bring
- 3+ years customer facing/sales engineering experience
- Technical sophistication
- Willingness to take on new challenges
- Relationship building
- Understanding of key sales activities
- Cybersecurity knowledge and skills
Targeted Compensation Range: $145,000 OTE (uncapped commission + equity)