The Sales and Revenue analyst works to increase sales and revenue for the company by creating directional leading data points. This position will monitor and evaluate internal sales trends such as lead conversion rates and sales pipeline to develop forward looking revenue forecasts. The Sales and Revenue analyst will evaluate and identify trends in sales by analyzing industry data, from both within a company and outside. This is achieved by running competitive analysis, forecasting, and making recommendations on how the sales, marketing, and other teams should move forward. This position is also responsible for forward looking revenue projections by looking at current pipeline and sales trends. This position will also provide continuous feedback on pipeline and sales results.
The value you will deliver
- Prepare and maintain monthly bookings and rolling revenue forecasts and provide actual vs. budget metrics
- Provide target analysis with explanation of bookings and revenue
- Assess and track key performance indicators and perform trend analysis to build comprehensive forecasting
- Preparation of annual budgets and monthly rolling forecasts in close x-functional collaboration with our Finance, Marketing and Sales teams.
- Prepare monthly global consolidated financial packages with variance commentary.
- Work with management to review assumptions, including evaluating historical results to determine business sales trends and effects.
- Assist in building of highly accurate pipeline reports to identify both execution and revenue impact
- Review, analyze and incorporate historical trends into forecast as required, prepare actual vs. budget schedules and maintain files to ensure proper roll-up
- Participate in ad-hoc financial and operational analysis to inform strategy
- Checking work/reports for accuracy and constantly striving towards error-free reporting.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by your leaders
What you will bring to the table
- 5+ years of experience in a sales and revenue analysis role in a SaaS/Cloud business
- 5+ years of experience in evaluating sales pipelines
- 3+ years experience with visualization software like Tableau, Domo, Looker, etc.
- High familiarity with sales and conversion metrics
- Clear understanding of forward looking revenue forecasting
- Advanced user of CRM software
- Advanced problem-solving and analysis skills
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively communicate data-driven insights to non-technical stakeholders
- High level of organization and detail-orientation
- Good attitude toward teamwork as well as the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
You will stand out if you also have
- 7+ years of experience in a sales and revenue analysis role in a SaaS/Cloud business
- 7+ years of experience in Salesforce CRM
- 3+ years of experience handling large data sets within SQL and/or Redshift
- Experience using Amazon SageMaker and/or Google BiqQuery ML is beneficial
- Location requirements: Remote within the US
- Travel requirements: Domestic air travel up to 15%
- Physical requirements: Must be able to sit for long periods, as well as, handle long periods of screen time.
- Technology requirements: Reliable, high speed internet
- Work authorization: This role is not eligible for sponsorship
The salary range for this role is up to $100,000- $105,000. The total compensation package for this position may also include [annual performance bonus, ESPP, enhanced time off packages and benefits.]