The Risk Operations Specialist is primarily responsible for actioning procedures that mitigate risk on the platform. In this role, you will be focused on upholding Taskrabbit user standards and policies through transactional investigations and escalations of risks. We aim to live our values in every interaction and are looking for agents who care deeply about ensuring trust and positive experiences on the Taskrabbit platform.
On the Risk Operations team, you will work with a variety of tools and systems to monitor and action on customer accounts. We have three primary lines of business including fraud, standards and payments. Daily you will be working through ticketing queues while communicating and corresponding with customers via email. Outside of your daily work, you will also participate in regular team meetings, coachings, company-wide learning and development opportunities. This position is part of the global Risk Operations team within our Customer Support Department and reports directly to a Risk Operations Supervisor.
What You’ll Work On:
- Learn & adhere to TaskRabbit policies aimed at increasing trust in our dual-side marketplace.
- Exercise strong business judgement and decision making.
- Efficiently investigate, action and resolve user account issues primarily via email and ticketing systems while maintaining KPIs aimed at losses, service level, productivity, and accuracy.
- Be organized, accountable and responsible – stay informed on the platform’s Terms of Service, Happiness Pledge, and policy changes as they occur, and be able to articulate and enforce them accurately.
- Anticipates and responds with energy to new challenges, the unfamiliar, and the urgent.
- Be a customer champion, identify gaps, and ensure we are continuously improving.
- Respond to chargebacks with pertinent evidence and clear narratives
- Proactively investigate potential fraud and action accordingly to mitigate losses
- Provide support in real time to teammates who may benefit from the insight, tools and expertise of the Risk Operations Team
Your Areas Of Expertise:
- We’re looking for candidates who are detail-oriented and confident decision makers!
- Minimum 2 years of customer service experience, preferred 1-2 years experience in risk operations, fraud prevention and/or policy enforcement.
- Tech-savvy, excellent typing skills and adaptable in navigating online tools and systems.
- High level execution and adaptability against new processes, environments and technologies.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills: have a strong command of grammar and spelling.
- Strong critical thinker with ability to identify complex patterns and adept at problem-solving.
- Detailed, and quality focused in making informed decisions
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Display calm conviction and fair judgement when handling sensitive issues.
- Accountable, Reliable & Punctual: Displays excellent time management, takes pride in a job well done, embraces change and feedback, while seeking continual improvements to perform.
- Ability to work a structured schedule, including weekends.
- Available full-time (40 hours / week) – preferably available for our opening shifts starting at 7:45am Central Time and willing to work at least one weekend day.