We’re looking to hire a Disputes Investigator to our growing Risk Org to help us with disputes investigations end to end, while having an open innovative mind to help us push for positive change.
As a member of our Disputes team, you’ll help handle our incoming card disputes queues while balancing an eagle eye for risk with a seamless user experience. You’ll work to help make sure we have smart, accurate, risk-based defense in place for incoming disputes while also making sure users get the best treatment.
You’ll need to learn how a really wide range of businesses work and bring your knowledge to bear on our processes and product.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Managing your designated queue of dispute cases as they come in on a daily basis.
- Submit chargebacks to Mastercard on an as needed basis after investigation.
- Actively question status quo, and our current processes, sparking the conversation on how we can become more efficient end to end, and more accurate with decisions whilst maintaining an awesome user experience.
- Contact our users for information on their account usage and transactions.
- Work with our partners and internal team members to review and assess information received from users to determine the validity of filed disputes from users.
- Think about any tools that would make your job easier.
- Write clear documentation on current processes and help train future teammates.
- Have experience in banking, fintech, or other financial services in the disputes, chargebacks, risk, or fraud space.
- Keen eye for detail with thorough investigative skills which can be leveraged as needed on appropriate cases.
- Be fluent in the language of bank transactions, including ACH, check, debit card, credit card, and wire transfers, both domestic and international.
- Understand the business banking landscape and have familiarity with international activity and ownership.
- Exercise empathy and understanding when communicating with users.
- Communicate complicated concepts with efficiency and clarity.
- Manage relationships with external parties with confidence and kindness.
- Work with efficiency and focus.
- Understand how to keep an organized, clean inbox.
- Love problem solving and making teams, product, and processes more efficient.
- Derive joy from customer joy.
- Keep track of what you’re working on even when you’re working on a hundred different things.
- Enjoy thinking about how to automate as much of your job as possible.
- Have a strong product sense.
- Be curious about the US banking system, startups, and ecommerce companies.
The total rewards package at Mercury includes base salary, equity (stock options), and benefits.
Our salary and equity ranges are highly competitive within the SaaS and fintech industry and are updated regularly using the most reliable compensation survey data for our industry. New hire offers are made based on a candidate’s experience, expertise, geographic location, and internal pay equity relative to peers.
Our target new hire base salary ranges for this role are the following:
US employees in the New York City or San Francisco Bay Area: $70,500–$82,900.
US employees outside of the New York City or San Francisco Bay Area: $63,500–$74,600.
Canadian employees (any location): CAD 64,200–75,400.