LeafLink is seeking an experienced Risk and Compliance Specialist to join our fast-growing team, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Enterprise Risk and Compliance. In this role, you will support the development and operationalization of LeafLink’s risk and compliance program, take charge of regulatory initiatives, and coordinate compliance activities throughout the company. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the regulatory landscape, experience in implementing risk management strategies, and exposure to the cannabis industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- In partnership with key stakeholders, develop, implement, and maintain risk and compliance policies and procedures, ensuring alignment with regulatory requirements and appropriate communication and training on established compliance processes.
- Coordinate day-to-day risk and compliance activities, including supporting audits and the implementation of new products and services, which will require collaboration with various teams to gather and analyze data to identify possible areas of risk and implement appropriate controls and measures to mitigate these risks.
- Monitor licensing and tax compliance to ensure LeafLink customers adhere to cannabis regulatory requirements. This includes conducting regular reviews to ensure that proper licensing has been obtained and maintained throughout the customer’s life cycle, staying current on relevant changes to cannabis licensing and tax requirements, and providing guidance and support to internal stakeholders to ensure their continued compliance with established procedures.
- Research and respond to licensing and tax compliance inquiries about LeafLink’s prospective and existing customers to assist business areas across the company in navigating complex state regulatory requirements, providing them with clear guidelines on different state and local laws regarding cannabis sales, distribution, and taxation.
- Conduct ongoing compliance reviews to ensure policy requirements and implementing procedures are followed across the company and validate the operating effectiveness of established compliance controls.
- Assign and monitor compliance training assignments and policy acknowledgments to ensure timely completion, and as needed, deliver ad-hoc training in response to a change in regulation or internal practice to address updates accordingly.
- Seek guidance from outside consultants when needed to ensure the sustainability of LeafLink’s risk and compliance management programs and provide adequate guidance and direction to internal stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 2-5 years of experience in compliance management within the financial services sector, preferably with a focus on digital banking fintech or similar technology-driven environments.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to research and interpret complex regulatory requirements and develop practical compliance solutions.
- A solid foundation in risk management frameworks, banking financial regulatory requirements, and compliance principles.
- Ability to quickly grasp and assimilate complex information across multiple business functions and make/influence rapid fact-based decisions, recognizing potential problems and quickly escalating them to the appropriate levels of management.
- Possess great self-motivation and a high level of initiative. Expected to work autonomously with minimal supervision, prioritize tasks properly, and manage time efficiently.
- Relevant certifications (e.g, CERP, CRCM) are preferred but not required.
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO – you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.