LeafLink is seeking an experienced Risk and Compliance Manager to join our fast-growing team, reporting directly to the Senior Director of Enterprise Risk and Compliance. In this role, you will support the development and implementation of LeafLink’s risk and compliance programs and become a driving force behind LeafLink’s commitment to operating within the highest standards of compliance and risk control. The Risk and Compliance Manager will be fundamental in ensuring adherence to current regulations, proactively identifying weaknesses and gaps in existing policies and controls, and promoting innovation through cross-functional collaboration, strengthening risk and compliance programs and minimizing LeafLink’s risk exposure.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting LeafLink’s operations to interpret and provide meaningful regulatory advice, particularly on payment processing and banking product regulatory requirements, AML/KYC/KYB compliance, information security, and other relevant regulatory topics.
- Partner with stakeholders to develop company-wide compliance policies, procedures, and controls that have an optimal and significant impact on LeafLink’s operations.
- Execute risk and compliance program activities such as annual risk assessments, ongoing monitoring and testing, issue management and trends analysis.
- Establish effective ways for managing regulatory issues in collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders, ensuring that the impact of noncompliance is fully recognized and appropriately addressed.
- Define and develop performance metrics and key risk indicators that inform stakeholders on emerging trends and risk-increasing activities.
- Support the development of new services and solutions, including digital banking, data analytics, and process automation.
- Engage with digital banking partners to detect issues related to LeafLink’s risk and compliance programs, and support relationships with BaaS partners ongoing.
- Participate in the collection of materials related to regulatory exams and audits.
- Support enterprise risk and compliance initiatives as needed.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a financial services compliance professional, bank regulator, or other relevant risk experience is required. Experience with supporting digital account opening and monitoring suspicious transaction activity is highly preferred.
- Strong understanding of financial institution requirements, particularly those pertaining to banking operations and regulatory requirements relating to the origination and servicing of credit and deposit products.
- Comfortable managing many projects and leading compliance assessments.
- Capable of analyzing complex problems, providing effective support, making recommendations, and escalating concerns in a timely manner.
LeafLink Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO – you’re going to be working hard so enjoy time off with no cap!
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
- 5 Days of Volunteer Time Off (VTO) – giving back is important to us and we want our employees to prioritize cultivating a better community
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through our Flexible Spending Account