As a member of the Payment Operations team, you will report directly to the Payment Operations Manager to onboard quality sub-merchants and keep bad actors and fraudulent transactions from entering the payments system.
- Review onboarding sub-merchants in accordance with the Finix Underwriting Policy and Procedures.
- Work with sub-merchants to resolve any KYB / KYC / OFAC issues by obtaining documentation or proof that clears the flags. Determine level of reserves, if any, required as well as transaction thresholds, velocity limits based on the risk profile of a given sub-merchant or Flex Client.
- Review individual transactions and settlements that trigger verification or velocity flags.
- Review transaction monitoring reports daily, looking for questionable transactions and trends that require further research.
- Manage client transaction thresholds and suspicious activity triggers.
- Review web risk monitoring dashboard, validate any findings of card brand rule violations and make recommendations for disposition, including counseling for sub-merchant or Flex Client, suspension or termination of processing.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on the long term strategy with members of the Legal, Compliance and Payment Operations teams.
- Results oriented: Motivated to operate and produce results in a fast growing company.
- An excellent written and oral communicator with the ability to share findings with a large, non-technical audience.
- Detail Oriented: eager to put in the extra effort to ensure the work is complete and accurate.
- Able to think creatively and find new solutions when given new data or with changing circumstances.
- Actively engaged in the pursuit of new ideas and process improvements.
- Experience in the payments industry with extensive fraud prevention skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that can be scaled and / or automated.
- Tenacity and a willingness to achieve goals and make deadlines.