The Customer Oversight Team at Plaid is a cross functional team whose responsibility is to enable the business by reducing the likelihood and impact of Customer Risks in the ecosystem while maximizing Customer onboarding velocity. Plaid sits in the middle of this ecosystem, and we’re the gateway used by our customers to build, launch, and scale FinTech applications that democratize financial services. In this role, you will be directly responsible for helping Plaid execute, optimize, and scale payments related operational workflows.
This role will require cross-functional collaboration with Go-To-Market (GTM), ACH Operations, AML Compliance, and Product teams, as well as our banking partners, to ensure that Plaid is able to successfully and efficiently qualify GTM opportunities from a payments compliance perspective, and guide them through the onboarding funnel.
You’ll perform customer application reviews, and transaction analysis for possible suspicious activities to ensure compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, the USA Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets & Control. You’ll provide research and evaluation of anti-money laundering (AML) reviews and accurately and sufficiently document analysis and findings. Other main responsibilities include conducting onboarding reviews, watchlist screening, KYC, ongoing monitoring, transactions monitoring, fraud monitoring, enhanced due diligence, customer auditing, proof of authorizations, and escalation of Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR).
- Building and maintaining highly effective cross functional relationships in a product focused organization.
- Interfacing directly with GTM teams and prospective customers to ensure an efficient onboarding experience for money movement products.
- Partnering with GTM to help identify high potential prospects, identify prospect risk profiles, and perform customer onboarding diligence adjusted to a prospect’s risk profile.
- Interfacing with both our banking partners and customers throughout the customer onboarding process.
- Actively identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase the efficiency of the customer diligence process for money movement related products.
- Working directly with Plaid customers to compile onboarding & compliance requirements, as well as additional due diligence requests.
- Being a key resource in developing, implementing, and enhancing internal policies and procedures required of a rapidly evolving risk management function.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in financial services, preferably with a major payments company, regulated US bank, or fintech company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Business, Finance, Economics, CS, etc.,)Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in commonly used office productivity, communication, and collaboration tools (e.g. Google Workplace, MS Office Suite, Slack).
- Ability to work independently, and from within a team, in a face-paced, demanding, and ever-changing environment; must work well under pressure.
- Has a growth mindset and is eager to learn and acquire context by executing operational workflows.
- Exposure and intellectual curiosity about finance, economics, technology, and fintech.
- Enthusiastic about being part of a highly evolving cross functional team in a rapidly growing organization.
- Looking to make a significant impact on the future of financial services.
$78,000.00 – $105,600.00 per year