The Revenue Accountant will be responsible for many elements of the revenue cycle and related controls including month end close activities that relate to manual and systematic recognition of revenue, deferred revenue, contra revenue, reconciliation, analytics and more. This role will also be included in data and process enhancement projects and requires a project management mindset and ability to multitask and prioritize in order to be successful.
The US-based salary range for this position is $95,000 to $125,000. We take into consideration an individual’s background and experience in determining final salary- therefore, base pay offered may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The compensation package includes a wide range of medical, dental, vision, financial, and other benefits, as well as equity.
What You’ll Do
- Record revenue in accordance with company policy and GAAP for various revenue streams and new offerings as applicable.
- Work closely with management to ensure bookings are compliant with revenue recognition rules and SOX requirements
- Support the monthly close process by preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and flux analysis. This includes but is not limited to, revenue, deferred revenue, contra, and cost of sale accounts
- Understand the fundamentals of revenue analysis and preparation of metrics to enhance performance insights; learn to identify trends and surface / solve for comparative period discrepancies (i.e. subscription analytics, GAAP vs non-GAAP reporting, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of new processes and system automation related to new product offerings to ensure scalable revenue processes
- Document processes for the various revenue streams and support an innovative environment that can scale as the business grows
- Work with cross-functional partners on an ongoing basis to support business processes as well as special projects.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and SOX requirements; provide support for internal and external audits.
- Learn to perform system data reviews for various existing and new revenue streams, investigate anomalies and action conclusions to help data enrichment processes
- Learn to proactively mine datasets and surface meaningful insights. Support cross-functional data enhancement projects and document plans and outcomes
- Contribute to implementation and enhancement of systematic processes and automation to support our scalability goals
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field
- 1+ years of experience in accounting with prior revenue accounting experience preferred
- CPA designation highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting principles including ASC 606, audit requirements, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Focus on quality with the ability to follow detailed procedures, create documentation of processes and maintain compliance with regulatory and other controls
- Experience with NetSuite preferred + strong analytical skills, including advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to clearly explain complex concepts and issues
- Ability to excel in a fast growing/fast paced environment delivering accuracy while managing to deadlines where adaptability is imperative
- Ability to understand broader business, operational and financial issues
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational abilities to prioritize workload and manage a high volume of requests
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member to build and nurture solid relationships with fellow teammates and cross-functional business partners
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans (100% paid for employees)
- 401(k) plan with company matching program
- Mental Wellness Program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for mental well being
- Flexible PTO, 13 company wide days off throughout the year & paid Holiday Shutdown
- Learning & Development programs
- Equipment, tools, and reimbursement support for a productive remote environment
- Free Life360 Platinum Membership for your preferred circle
- Free Tile Products
Our company’s mission driven culture is guided by our shared values to create a trusted work environment where you can bring your authentic self to work and make a positive difference
- Be a Good Person – We have a team of high integrity people you can trust.
- Be Direct With Respect – We communicate directly, even when it’s hard.
- Members Before Metrics – We focus on building an exceptional experience for families.
- High Intensity High Impact – We do whatever it takes to get the job done.