The Registered Nurse reports to the Director, Clinical Operations and is responsible for guiding members through their Transcarent experience in partnership with Transcarent’s Care Support Services Department. This role also supports quality assurance and improvement efforts and operations related to our Centers of Excellence (COE) program in accordance with the Transcarent Quality Tenets. The Registered Nurse will reflect the mission, vision, and value statements of Transcarent to internal departments and external plan sponsors, providers, and partners.
What you will do
- Support the Care Support Services Department with clinical subject matter expertise and guidance relating to individual cases and in broader strategy and processes. This includes direct support to Plan Members.
- Partner with the Care Support Services Department to manage a case load efficiently and effectively across a variety of clients and clinical categories.
- Supports members to introduce, coordinate, and guide members through their Transcarent experience.
- Work effectively with other supporting operational roles and internal departments, to coordinate the member’s case.
- Effectively address and resolve patient barriers to utilize the benefit including working with members to address program questions, including collecting medical records in a timely and accurate manner to ensure an expedited process.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop new or update existing quality measures, protocols, processes and policies to minimize risk and ensure compliance.
- Work collaboratively with our COE facility and provider partners in support of achieving the highest quality experience for our Members.
- Support the Provider Relations team with guidance relating to COE facilities and providers for targeting and participation.
- Support the operational needs of the COE program from a clinical perspective including monitoring and support for member complications.
What we’re looking for
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Registered Nurse and current licensure, BSN required
- 3+ years of oncology experience required
- A minimum of 5 years clinical acute care experience as a practicing RN preferred
- Flexibility – Openness and understanding that dynamic environments include change, and welcoming that change with a positive attitude
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.