The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) – Federal will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new prospects in the Federal space. The RSM must be able to navigate through complex government organizations positioning Devo’s software as a purpose-built enterprise solution. The RSM will use solution selling techniques to sell our technical product into a range of business functions and play an integral part of Devo’s success. This role will develop account and Federal sales plans and strategies to ensure success.
This position requires up to 50% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
- RSM’s are responsible for managing all aspects of the sales cycle.
- Identify key decision-makers and build strong relationships with prospects and customers.
- Ability to effectively articulate and demonstrate Devo’s technical solution and business value.
- Leverage deep product knowledge to demonstrate solution selling techniques, uncover prospect and customer challenges and deliver valuable solutions.
- Penetrate and develop existing accounts and new prospects, perform sales presentations to prospects, negotiate contracts, and close new business deals.
- Work closely with the pre-sales technical team and perform assessments to determine customer requirements.
- Providing tactical and strategic plans with specific measurable time frames to penetrate an account.
- Build and maintain an accurate pipeline and timely sales forecasts.
- Identify internal teams, providing direction and leadership in each sales engagement.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer industry trends.
- Understand FedRAMP and experience selling SaaS across the Federal Government.
- 7+ years of experience selling solutions, including SaaS, to Federal clients with a strong track record against quota.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience.
- Successfully demonstrated the ability to sell SaaS solutions for Federal use cases, including Security.
- Strong business development, technical presentation skills, and the ability to present technical concepts and business solutions clearly through demonstrations and proposals are required.
- Highly motivated and well-developed business acumen.
- Strong focus on acquiring new business while continuing to cultivate existing account relationships.
- Experience in solution selling IT infrastructure or related software.
- Have intuitive sense of required steps to close business and gain customer validation
- Strong background in sales with demonstrated abilities to take ownership of business, prospect for leads, and close sales.
- Proven ability to make strong connections and overcome rejection to achieve results.
- Candidates must have good organizational skills, prospecting and follow-up skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive and work ethic.
- Experience selling/navigating a complex sale.
This role will have a general base pay range of $150,000.00 to $170,000.00. In addition to the base salary, the role will include a variable Sales Incentive component. The provided base salary range is what we expect to pay a substantially qualified candidate, with the final offer being based on the candidate’s relevant experience and skills, as well as location and other factors. Total compensation for the role will include base salary, participation in our Sales Incentive Plan and an equity grant applicable to the level of the role