The Regional Maintenance Manager leads a multi-state maintenance team for a large scale single-family rental property manager. This role provides maintenance operational analysis, team guidance, subject matter expertise, training and follow-up needed to achieve company goals. The Regional Maintenance Manager will be directly involved with the intake, troubleshooting, dispatch, communication, and resolution of residential maintenance work orders. This position reports directly to the Director of Maintenance and will help create new processes, implement technology solutions, and improve team performance and efficiency. The position also ensures that appropriate and consistent business requirements are established and met within the team. This role requires clear and empathetic communication to both clients and residents throughout the maintenance resolution process.
- Lead a regional repair and maintenance team providing service across multiple states as part of a 15K+ single family residential property management company.
- Responsible for the region’s maintenance service performance and adherence to established operating budgets.
- Oversee and maintain active tracking systems to monitor several key metrics including resident satisfaction, maintenance cost trends, vendor usage, and maintenance service types.
- Directly engage with the company’s network of maintenance vendor partners to provide timely and professional service.
- Contribute to policy and procedure development and assist with implementation to ensure fair and standard operations.
- Train and lead a team of maintenance professionals within the assigned region to grow and improve performance over time.
- Support ongoing training on new processes and systems to achieve company objectives.
- Communicate with other managers and executives to keep up with business requirements and solve high-level maintenance related issues.
- Communicate with clients and residents to clarify maintenance issues and the plan for resolution.
- Organize the effort of local maintenance technicians.
- Research and provide detailed findings on resident complaints on home condition and maintenance service.
- Connect with other Roofstock business units on resource sharing and best practices.
- Any other task or activity as directed by Manager and / or Executive staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of experience in a similar position.
- Prior experience working directly in maintenance for a property management company.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to manage a large team of remote team members.
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping, and Irrigation Systems as they relate to single family residential homes.
- Conflict resolution and empathetic communication.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Recruiting and training experience.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekend hours as workload requires.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning and analysis skills
- Salesforce CRM or Yardi a plus
- Microsoft Office, Internet and other basic computer skills. Emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Problem solving skills are required.
- The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 – $90,000. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related knowledge and skills, experience, education/training, business needs, market demands, and geographical location.