We’re a distributed team on a mission to change how companies build products. We believe that consistent user feedback is key to success. We know, because our first company flopped—read our origin story.
What We Do
User Interviews helps teams make better business decisions by making user research easier, faster, and more enjoyable. Our platform makes recruiting research participants and managing logistics—like scheduling, messaging, and incentive payouts—seamless.
Founded in 2015 in Cambridge, MA, User Interviews has helped launch more than 30,000 research studies, connecting thousands of brands with a growing database of 300,000 plus vetted participants. We’re trusted by brands like Warby Parker, Spotify, Fidelity, Thumbtack, Belkin, Glassdoor, and Vistaprint who share in our vision of better products through regular feedback and customer listening.
We’re a 46-person distributed team. That means you over-communicate, have a strong mastery of your own time and priorities, and are excited by the idea of joining an early-stage and lean startup. User Interviews is a fitting place to work for smart, self-starting, down-to-earth people. You have demonstrated experience driving full-cycle recruiting for SaaS roles. You are comfortable building processes and developing strategies independently. Utilizing data to improve results is central to your recruiting philosophy. Communicating regularly and effectively are essential aspects of this role.
What You’ll Do
You’ll have the exciting responsibility of building out our team as our first in-house recruiter. The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people both internally and externally, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well with people from across the team. You like the opportunity to be innovative and are open to new approaches and techniques.
- Creating job descriptions and building pipeline
- Sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates
- Overseeing candidate debriefs and closing
- Developing recruiting procedures that are scalable and consistent
- Creating and reporting on metrics that gauge recruiting efforts
- As the 2nd member of our People Ops team, you’ll also have the opportunity to take on a broad range of responsibilities related to people management at a fast-growing startup
- At least 3 years of full-cycle SaaS recruiting. You are capable of building out and running a recruiting process.
- Ability to source creatively and promote our brand to top talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excitement around the prospect of joining a fully-remote, rapidly-growing startup
- Although this is a remote position, location must be US based
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party provider
Compensation & Benefits
- 100% premium-covered healthcare + dental + vision coverage for you
- Annual learning stipend
- Equipment and office setup budget
- 401(k) with company-sponsored contribution
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks maternal, 3 weeks paternal)
- PTO, holidays and floating holidays