Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave’s financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
As the QA Engineer, you will play a major role in the testing of software that powers a major domain at Dave. You will influence and shape the automation strategy and coverage of the system owned by a squad, and champion the importance of quality control to the product manager, engineering manager, and developers in a squad.
We’re looking for someone who can work with their squad members to create a thorough and relevant test plan; identify gaps in testing, and collaborate with developers to create comprehensive end to end coverage for the Dave software.
- Work within the squad to write and maintain relevant end to end coverage for new and existing features.
- Participate in code review process with other QA engineers across squads
- Emphasize automation over manual testing in every sprint, and continue to increase coverage in existing mobile app regression testing suite
- Surface testing needs, and collaborate with product, engineering managers, squad members to address tech debt.
- Triage and debug issues reported by users, customer success, and internal teams
- Work in and maintain a test framework for frontend and backend tests
- Participates in interview panels as needed
- 1+ years of automation testing experience.
- 1+ years of QA experience in agile / scrum environments
- 1+ years of experience testing web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications
- Experience using Git, GitHub, and Jira
- Experience writing test cases and using test case management software (TestRail)
- Experience using web debugging proxy tools (Charles Proxy)
- Comfortable using the command line
- Experience testing APIs (Postman)
- Experience with building a test strategy for testing a micro-service architecture
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events