We’re looking for a QA Automation Engineer to be a part of our growing QA team. You’ll be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Hungryroot’s automated testing frameworks, and will collaborate closely with our development teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality products.
This role will join Hungryroot’s QA team and you’ll report to our QA Manager. In this critical role you will be analyzing system requirements, identifying areas for test automation, and creating and executing automated test scripts before integrating them into our development pipeline. If you want to help us change how people grocery shop and eat for the better, we’d love for you to apply!
- Automated Test and Framework Development: Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable automation to ensure efficient and comprehensive test coverage for our site and applications.
- Collaboration with Dev Teams: Work closely with developers, PMs, and other QA to understand system requirements, identify test scenarios, and integrate automated testing into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Embedded QA for a Dev Team: Responsible for integrating quality assurance processes directly into the SDLC, collaborating closely with developers to identify and address potential issues early in the process. This role involves not only testing software for defects but also actively participating in the development workflow.
- Process Enhancement and Innovation: Evaluate and improve testing processes, methodologies, and tools to increase our efficiency and effectiveness. Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in QA automation to drive innovation within our team.
- Collaborative Problem Solving: Actively participate in troubleshooting and debugging code issues, working closely with developers to identify root causes, and contribute to the resolution of defects.
- 2+ years SQL experience
- 2+ years of experience with back-end and front-end automation frameworks (Selenium, Cypress, Pytest, Playwright, etc.).
- Experience with Jira
- Experience working in an A/B Testing environment
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Git, Postman, Confluence.
- Detail oriented, collaborative, patient, strong communication skills, effective time management, strong mentor, good problem solver
Perks & Benefits
- Remote-first: work from home, work from our NYC office, work from anywhere in the US. You decide!
- Equity stake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Universal paid parental leave
- Monthly Hungryroot credit for delicious, healthy groceries
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Wellbeing benefits including One Medical, Spring Health, LiveHealth, Rightway care concierge, and more
- A WFH stipend to support your initial home-office setup