Develop quality games, from concept through post-launch updates, and assist in maintaining the creative vision of game franchises for 2K Games. A Producer is a player-obsessed leader, capable of taking charge of a feature, product, or external team and unifying the project or group effectively towards a specific set of goals. This role requires the simultaneous management of multiple products or workstreams on a single AAA product. They are ultimately responsible and accountable for shipping products in a timely manner and to a high degree of quality. Additionally, the Producer is encouraged to contribute to the growth of the Publishing Production group whether through improving group-wide processes or spearheading initiatives around training or sharing their institutionalized knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Establish, maintain, and improve relationships and mutual collaboration with internal and external studios
- Develop and maintain product schedules and roadmaps to handle multiple projects at a time, with different deadlines and requirements
- Develop product and feature budgets and schedules and maintain forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns with studios, outsourcing partners and other 2K publishing departments
- Ensure adherence to schedules and budgets through enforcement of milestone approval or disapproval as per established contracts or internal processes
- Ensure projects are set up for success in hitting quality targets through collaboration with 2K’s User Research, Consumer Insights and QA depts.
- Coordinate with industry first-parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) to shepherd projects throughout their lifecycle
- Coordinate with internal partners, such as Marketing, QA, Product Management, and Analytics, to ensure alignment and timely execution of milestone deliverables
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- 3-5+ years of experience in internal or external game development or publishing
- 1-2 years of experience working on a Live game or service
- Experience building and managing relationships with studios, vendors, internal teams, and other external resources
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Experience shipping console & PC or mobile titles and detailed knowledge of those platforms
- Ability to assess quality and foresee development challenges at all phases of product development
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities that lie within the scope of the project and are not currently assigned
- Must demonstrate strong fiscal sense, in leading budget and scope expectations both within the team and to executive management
- Experience with industry-first parties (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo) seeing projects from concept to gold master
- Experience with AAA products
- Proven track record of using analytics to drive data informed product decisions.
- Experience with F2P game system development titles
- Knowledgeable of game industry trends and enjoys playing strategy games