Carewell is on a mission to improve the health and happiness of caregivers and their loved ones through personalized service, compelling content, and a simplified shopping experience. Our values are rooted in trust, convenience, and dependability, with a bunch of fun thrown in for good measure.
Family-founded and woman-led, Modern Retail awarded us “Best Customer Service Experience,” we ranked #8 on Fast Company’s prestigious “Most Innovative Companies in Retail” for 2021,” and we took the top spot on InHerSight’s 2021 “20 Best Health, Wellness, and Fitness Companies to Work For.”
Our company is full of proactive, self-motivated, service-minded go-getters. Making people feel better is what gets us out of bed in the morning. How about you?
Carewell is seeking a seasoned Public Relations Manager to showcase Carewell to high-level National media and share its story in a compelling manner that drives high-impact media stories, new customers and brand awareness. The role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with Carewell’s outside PR agency, internal marketing and brand team, and executive team. Candidates must be highly organized, data-informed, and passionate about storytelling and the impact PR can have on a company’s reputation and culture. They should instinctively show initiative and embrace the opportunity to execute the core elements of the company’s communications plan. Agency or in-house experience, an entrepreneurial attitude, an understanding of how to use data to drive media, a focus on driving high-impact, and ability to drive measurable results is required.
- Drive positioning of Carewell as the leading full-service resource for family caregivers
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Develop, write and distribute effective communications materials including press releases, email pitches, etc.
- Cultivate new contacts within consumer and business media
- Coordinate all aspects of executive and spokesperson interviews including: liaison with producers, prep notes, spokesperson prep, tech coordination
- Assist with writing briefing documents, backgrounders, FAQs, award entries, content for speaking opportunities, as well as other company communications.
- Recommend, develop and execute integrated communications strategies and campaigns that support company objectives.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests in a timely manner, including during non-business hours
- Manage PR-driven customer acquisition campaigns and partnerships
- Direct social media team to engage audiences across traditional and new media
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Maintain a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and positioning vis-à-vis the competition.
- Support the Communication team’s response during crisis situations
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop strong pitches, leverage data and land National stories
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Experience with leveraging social media including blogs, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing or related field
- 5-7 years of experience in a PR agency or corporate communications environment or agency
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Skilled writer and verbal communicator
- Excellent relationship development and management skills across internal and external stakeholders
- Resourceful and comprehensive researcher
- Direct traffic; customer acquisition; brand awareness metrics
- Dedicated stories in large National media major outlets
- Reach of stories
Being a part of the Carewell family means:
- Flexible PTO (salaried employees only)
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible remote work policy
- Passionate, mission-driven co-workers who are dedicated to improving caregivers’ lives
Carewell is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members