Are you a natural storyteller that loves to shape brand perception through earned media? We are seeking an experienced Public Relations & Communications Manager to help drive awareness and credibility of Reverb in the U.S. and internationally.
Our ideal PR professional has experience crafting successful media relations campaigns that drive high-quality coverage through clear messaging and engaging storytelling. The PR & Communications Manager will work across teams to tell impactful stories that align with our brand narrative. You’ll uncover opportunities to highlight what differentiates Reverb through our community, people, and data. You’ll lead Reverb’s end-to-end PR strategy and execution, which we manage entirely in-house.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Brand & Communications on the Marketing team. This team member will manage our PR Specialist. We are open to remote hires within multiple states, with preference for candidates located in Chicago, IL. For candidates who will work remotely, visit this link for a list of approved locations.
To apply, please submit your resume along with writing samples (press releases, briefing documents, or other written content) and coverage examples for review.
- Develop and oversee goals and execution of Reverb’s PR strategy aimed at raising Reverb’s visibility and reputation; Work cross-functionally to plan and evaluate the efficiency of PR campaigns.
- Secure and coordinate high-quality placements in targeted music and consumer lifestyle media outlets and oversee B2B/trade coverage secured by the PR Specialist; Handle top-tier media inquiries and interview requests.
- Build, maintain, and evolve cohesive media messaging that aligns with brand messaging; Oversee the creation of PR materials, including press releases, talking points, presentations, bios, and more.
- Work with spokespeople to deliver engaging written and spoken interviews focused on storytelling and value props; Conduct media training and provide regular feedback to executives.
- Maintain a keen understanding of business objectives and industry trends; Evolve our communications strategy and messaging accordingly.
- 6-8 years of experience in public relations, with a focus on media relations, thought leadership, and executive positioning for consumer brands; Experience working with music brands in a plus.
- Consistent track record of leading successful public relations campaigns; Experience with media in the UK, Canada, France, or Germany is a plus.
- Strong media relations skills, including strategy planning, story-mining, media training, and how to build and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
- Impeccable writer, editor, and storyteller; Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to shift strategy and tactics as needed.
- A thorough understanding of what’s resonating with the press and a dedication to continuous education on how to best maintain relationships and secure coverage within the evolving media landscape.
- You are passionate about contributing to a marketplace that serves a creative industry! You are excited about working at a company that supports its community!
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off