The Proposal Writer will source procurement opportunities and lead the preparation and submission of winning proposals. The Proposal Writer will take ownership of all proposal requirements and subsequent proposal deliverables, from receipt of the bid opportunity through proposal completion and award follow-up. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of compelling, compliant, and well-written proposals. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter and multitasker with strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Serve as the central point of contact for all proposal opportunities.
- Serve as project manager to determine, direct, and coordinate the activities to successfully prepare and submit complex proposals, including leading kickoff calls with all relevant stakeholders and sharing information regarding timeline, deliverables, and required components to successfully bid.
- Provide regular proposal status updates throughout the compilation process.
- Develop and maintain a repository of templates, standard language, product information, exhibits, and other data resources to create high-quality and accurate responses.
- Write, revise, and edit compelling proposal responses articulating the impact of the companies’ solutions and responding to clients’ objectives. Responses should follow proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Review all content to ensure compliance with proposal requirements, evaluation criteria, and technical requirements.
- Gather and store feedback on proposals to help improve proposal content.
- Meet all deadlines for proposal including all necessary signoffs and approvals prior to submission.
- Maintain a library of submitted proposals and related components.
- Improve other internal processes, as needed.
- Establish and maintain a collaborative partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete other projects as assigned.
- 2+ years of overall progressive experience, centered around proposal writing, in fast-paced, deadline-driven, high volume proposal environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, or another relevant field
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in use of business productive tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat; experience with Smartsheet a plus
- Self-starter who is decisive, detail-oriented, and driven to excellence
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under very tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational, time management and multitasking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to lead internal team meetings related to each proposal and clearly communicate responsibilities and due dates to all contributors
- Travel Requirements: less than 10% of the time
- Work Hours: varies upon the needs of the business
- 2+ years of experience with PreK-12 education market highly desired
The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is $70,000 USD to $80,000 USD. Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.