Type of Vacancy: Salaried, full-time
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote/home office anywhere in the continental United States
Report to: Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
Compensation: The full salary range for this position is $60,000 – $90,755 annually. There are two types of experience being considered for this role: Experience that is directly relevant to the role and Total Working Experience, in all fields. This includes: internships and consulting work. In collaboration with the hiring manager, the People and Culture team calculates experience based on the candidate’s most current resume. When calculating the offer, consideration is given to candidates that possess additional qualifications (i.e., desired qualifications). Teaching Lab will generally cap salaries for new employees at 105% of the midpoint to allow for continued growth in the role over time.
Teaching Lab is an equal-opportunity employer committed to reflecting the diversity of the students we serve. We pursue equity as both a means and an end and enthusiastically welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this role.
WHO WE ARE
Teaching Lab is a nonprofit organization with a mission to fundamentally shift the paradigm of teacher professional learning to achieve educational equity. We envision a world where teachers and students thrive together in communities that enable life-long learning and meaningful lives. In partnership with teachers, we transform professional learning from the ground up to dramatically improve student outcomes. We also work with school, district, and state leaders to create the instructional systems necessary to support these changes. To learn more about Teaching Lab, explore our website at www.teachinglab.org.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Proposal Coordinator and Technical Writer will be responsible for managing and implementing the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, including, assigning tasks, and leading the completion of proposals, including preparing the proposal narrative and completing required forms, submitting proposals in hard copy and electronically including attachments.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
-Develop a project plan, outline each stage of the proposal, and create a schedule to meet all necessary deadlines to deliver winning proposals
-Guide teams through the collaborative process to develop responses to RFI, RFQs and RFPs
-Lead, plan, schedule, and own proposal kick-off meetings; facilitate key review meetings
-Analyze and understand the evaluation criteria for proposals and ensure that what is written and submitted will get the highest evaluation score
-Align proposal language to words from the partner’s perspective and adapt this voice given the variety of stakeholders that Teaching Lab engages with (ex: schools, districts, state education agencies, other peer organizations, etc.)
-Implement win strategies, win themes, and storytelling, development of the value proposition and articulate the solution narrative in proposals
-Delegate tasks required to complete a proposal, writing, editing, and other efforts associated with the proposal process
-Incorporate feedback cycles for internal and external parties to review, provide feedback, and incorporate and clarify those feedback changes to get proposals to a final product
-Coordinate proposal governance, including: coordinating sign off with CPO/CEO/COO, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal
-Design, manage, and update a content library and create systems for template management in line with Teaching Lab branding and ability to adhere to the Teaching Lab voice, tone, and style guidelines
Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships, Chief Program Officer and/or Executive Team.
KEY SUCCESS INDICATORS (KSIs)
- The Proposal Coordinator & Technical Writer will be responsible for achieving goals set in collaboration with their home manager aligned with Teaching Lab’s goals. Measures of success in this role include win rate, capture rate, content quality, contribution to efficient processes and systems for proposal preparation, number of proposals submitted and achievement of KPIs or other metrics and als programmatic-specific Key Success Indicators (KSI) to support the Strategic Growth team in achieving a $5.15M new earned revenue goals such as the following:
- Add & update impact data to all new RFP submissions to improve close/won rate by 15%.
- Engage in LinkedIn Learning content to complete 2 courses in sales CVS strategies.
- As applicable, within the role, model the radical commitments for our values (i.e., collaboration, responsive service, research, excellence, learning with humility, and equity).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in journalism, communications, English, education, or related field
- Understanding of the proposal process and previous experience in proposal writing and proposal management
- Experience with leading, planning, scheduling and owning proposal kick-off meetings, facilitating key review meetings, incorporating feedback, final document review, coordinating proposal governance, coordinate sign off, document production, and delivery of the completed proposal
- Proven ability in planning, producing, and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business and/or nonprofit environment
- Experience working with MS Office and their equivalent google application
- Strong commitment to Teaching Lab’s organizational mission and values in pursuit of educational equity
- Ability to write in a factual, convincing mannerGood strategic planning abilities
- Superior project management, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, with an ability to meet deadlines
- Able to work on a team and collaborate cross-functionally within the organization
- Flexible, resourceful, and good-humored
- Advanced degree
- Remote work experience