As a Project Manager at Sure, you will oversee all project aspects, keeping projects running on track and within scope from start to finish. On a daily basis, you will work with our engineering and product teams to plan and arrange work as well as ensure the cross-functional teams are aligned on progress, status, and scope. You will also work with our executive team and enterprise clients to orchestrate engagements, understand requirements to aid in their strategic prioritization, as well as negotiate solutions to issues as they arise. You are excited to be instrumental in Sure’s expansion across the insurance industry.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate, plan, and complete projects on time, within budget and scope.
- Align project goals and outcomes among diverse, cross-functional project stakeholders, building them to consensus and achieving interim milestones and project goals.
- Create and iterate project schedule based on statement-of-work (SOW), client expectations, and Sure’s product and engineering team’s availability.
- Work with Sure’s product and engineering teams to set deadlines and assign responsibilities.
- Monitor project progress, proactively performing frontline, tactical activities as needed to mitigate risks and resolve issues, keeping projects on track for successful completion.
- Lead and facilitate client and internal team meetings, planning meeting agendas, taking meticulous notes, sending meeting minutes, as well as providing follow-ups and action items after the meeting.
- Create weekly, up-to-date status reports reflecting project progress to enterprise clients.
- Maintain internal- and external-facing Product Roadmaps.
- Help guide engineering and product teams through resource and capacity planning for future projects, enabling teams to commit to realistic project timelines.
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- As a natural collaborator, you bring people together.
- Ability to zoom out and notice big picture trends just as easily as you are able to zoom in and execute on details.
- Strong organizational skills with a precise attention to detail.
- Can read between the lines and navigate opaque situations.
- A proactive mindset; you are a self-starter who takes initiative and dives right in!
- When faced with problems, you lead with solutions.
- Emotional intelligence – you inherently know when to ask, listen, do.
- Encourage, support, and guide continuous improvement of the team, its products, and processes.
- A history of managing enterprise-level projects at a client-facing or SaaS organization.
- Experience implementing software in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated competence in key project management best practices: schedule construction and management, risk assessment/mitigation, change management, and predictive metrics.
- Scrum Master, CAPM, or PMP-certified.
- Insurance industry knowledge.