Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, transparent, and dependable project manager, client services to join our team and elevate the ways in which we provide value to our Enterprise brand customers.
As our first project manager, you will be responsible for building and managing a team of news analysts, curating compelling newsletters, and overseeing the successful execution of statements of work with our valued Enterprise brand customers. The deliverables that you and your team create will go to executive and board-level audiences, so attention to detail and timeliness is crucial. This role requires a blend of project management skills, media expertise, and strong people management abilities. You should be excited about playing a pivotal role in creating and developing our managed services offering from the ground up.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have a proven track record in project management, with the ability to develop and execute project plans, manage timelines, allocate resources, and ensure the successful delivery of customer-facing solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, plan, and execute the managed services offering, ensuring alignment with Muck Rack’s overall business strategy and customer needs
- Recruit, hire, and onboard a team of skilled news analysts (freelancers or contractors) to ensure the highest quality content curation and analysis for Muck Rack’s Enterprise customers
- Oversee the creation of curated newsletters containing relevant news, industry insights, and media trends tailored to the needs of our Enterprise brand customers
- Manage the end-to-end process of delivering curated newsletters, including content sourcing, analysis, curation, and distribution
- Collaborate closely with Customer Success and Sales teams to understand customer needs, provide updates on managed services, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with customers to define and manage statements of work (SOWs), ensuring deliverables, timelines, and expectations are clearly communicated and met
- Assist News Analysts and collaborate with cross-functional teams in project scoping, design, staffing, training, and ensuring profitability and financial stability of projects
- Develop project work plans clearly depicting all tasks, target delivery dates, owners, and stakeholders
- Oversee daily operations of analyst team and projects to ensure efficient and optimized workflows to meet delivery targets and client-facing requirements
- Implement quality control measures to ensure the accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of curated content distributed to customers
- Define and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success and impact of the managed services offering and provide regular reports to leadership
- Stay current with industry trends, media landscape changes, and emerging technologies to continuously enhance the managed services offering
- Create working templates and automated processes/workflows across various projects to increase efficiency of newsletter generation and sending
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and graphic design on new newsletter deliverables
- Identify, track, and communicate risks and potential mitigation as appropriate
- Brainstorm and strategize ways to evolve and improve newsletter quality and objectives alongside the product team, catering to customers’ changing requirements or feedback
How success will be measured in this role:
- Timeliness and ability to consistently hit client deadlines daily
- Successfully onboarded 10+ Enterprise customers within the first six months
- Feedback from customers on managed services deliverables
- Ability to hire, train, and manage a network of freelancers/contractors
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 6+ years professional experience, with 4+ years of related experience directly in managed services, professional services, or project management
- Proficiency in tools including Media Analytics, Media Monitoring, Microsoft PowerPoint/Google Slides, Microsoft Excel/Google Sheets, Slack/Teams
- Experience working with global teams internally and externally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across mediums, topics, and audience
- Strong understanding of media landscape, news cycles, and content curation
- Demonstrated experience in team management, hiring, and training, preferably with freelance employees
- Ability to collaborate effectively across departments and with external stakeholders and internally with leadership
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work in group and individual settings
- Detail-oriented team player that is accountable, transparent and dependable
Below, you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour Zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Skills assessment (2-3 hours max)
- Peer interviews with several team members
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $120,000 and $145,000, depending on skills and experience. Total compensation for this role consists of base salary and a quarterly bonus plan. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.