Our mission is to help build compliant and empowering products, assess and manage regulatory risk, and guide the evolution of compliance practices. You will lead a team of strategic project managers and technical program managers to execute the most critical initiatives across the Compliance organization and ensure Block complies with all applicable laws and regulations. You will lead project prioritization and execution, and ensure programs meet committed timelines. This is a high visibility role with exposure to multiple areas of the business, and an opportunity to get involved in many compliance related projects with direct exposure to executive leadership across the organization. You will report to Global Head of Strategic Operations, Compliance.
- Lead a team of project managers and technical program managers
- Own the intake and prioritization of projects and initiatives
- Work closely with engineers, data scientists, and other technical teams to connect what they build to the needs of the business
- Communicate roadmaps, status updates, risks, escalations, and wins to the Compliance organization and executive leadership.
- Understand Block, Cash App, Square, TIDAL, TBD and all company business strategies and work with product and technology partners to ensure alignment
- Coordinate content for leadership and team meetings and ensure the right things are escalated
- Identify and implement operational and efficiency improvements
- Create a long-term strategy for the PMO team and have input to the overall strategy for the Compliance organization
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments while superervising the activities of others.
- Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- 10+ years of strategic project management and leadership experience
- Superb writing skills
- A technical background and/or the experience working closely with engineers on sprint planning and detailed technical roadmaps
- Leadership and influence – comfortable working with all teams and levels of employees
- Experience presenting to senior leadership
- A data-driven approach to prioritization
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to anticipate blockers and align stakeholders
- Experience making swift decisions, and manage competing deadlines
- Discretion when handling complex, confidential scenarios
- Clear thinking and the ability to articulate complex concepts in simple terms
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $222,800 – USD $272,300
Zone B: USD $222,800 – USD $272,300
Zone C: USD $222,800 – USD $272,300
Zone D: USD $222,800 – USD $272,300