Babylist is looking for a Production Manager to be responsible for managing the day to day operations of hardlines and consumables for the Owned Brands team. From water wipes to floor seats, this role will oversee the day to day product development through production of non textile items. Juggling many disparate products will be this person’s super power.
This role will report to the Director of Owned Brands and work cross functionally across our Owned Brands, Merchandising and Marketing teams.
Who You Are
- You have 5-10 years of production and product development experience
- You have hard goods experience (furniture, toys, home goods, consumer goods or beauty)
- You can grasp from both experience and instinct on what makes a product great
- Successfully launched and managed a new product through its entire life cycle
- You can appreciate the difference between well designed, engineered products and mass market merchandise
- You understand that Owned Brands is a startup within a start up, which means that we all work outside our comfort zone, but we are smart enough to tackle big things and succeed
How You Will Make An Impact
- Work cross functionally with merchandising and design to develop best in class product that meets brand aesthetics, quality, and price point.
- Obtain time & action calendar information from vendors , evaluate and then communicate the information to the broader Owned Brands team so that internal calendars are current
- Gather and post/share all factory certifications
- Track and document damages. Work with factories on improvement.
- On-going confirmation of ex- factory dates to ensure that delivery is maintained
- Risk Assessment: Identify and support resolution for development and bulk production issues
- Ensure that development execution is in accordance with sourcing and brand strategies
- Create QC lists for factories
- Assist in creating reorder and refresh calendars based on MOQ, vendor bandwidth, and internal merchandising timelines
Why You Will Love Working At Babylist
- We invest in the infrastructure you’ll need to be supported and successful: tools, opportunities to connect with colleagues, and a stipend to help you set up your office
- We build products that have a positive impact on millions of people’s lives
- We work at a sustainable pace which means work/life balance is a real thing here
- We believe technology and data can solve hard problems
- We believe in exceptional management
- We are an antiracist organization and doing the work to support differences of all kinds
- We offer competitive pay and meaningful opportunities for career advancement
- We have great benefits like company paid medical, dental, and vision, a generous paid parental leave policy, and 401k with company match
- We care about employee wellbeing with perks for physical, mental and emotional health, parenting, childcare, and financial planning
Babylist takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location.
The estimated pay range for this role is $65,000.00 – $98,000.00