What you’ll do
- Prototype and iterate on a software product to expand Vannevar into an adjacent mission area to where we’re currently operating.
- Become an expert in this mission area by spending a bunch of time on military bases embedded with users and by shipping many rough v0 prototypes as quickly as possible to to learn.
- Work with a small but mighty 1-3 person eng team to quickly test product hypotheses in this area.
- Partner with the mission development team to sell / try to sell versions of your product as you are iterating. Enabling growth is a key component of this role.
Things to know about 0 to 1 product at Vannevar
- We build from the mission backwards. Every product bet we make is informed by a deep understanding of a particular mission that we develop by spending a lot of time on military bases.
- We know our initial thesis will almost always be wrong. Because of this, we ship hacky things quickly to learn and minimize the amount of time we’re on the wrong path.
- At Vannevar, product is a growth-oriented function. We have growth goals and try to orient ourselves as externally as possible.
- We get the best 0 to 1 product outcomes when we combine eng creativity + product creativity + mission understanding. Because of this, our job is to empower eng to make the best decisions on what they are building. This means going on base with eng so they have the mission context, and means being loose and light on requirements documents.
What we’re looking for
- Some background in defense / intelligence / national security
- Experience as a product manager or experience working with users on DoD software product deployments
- U.S. Person status is required with the ability to obtain security clearance.
What we offer
The salary range for this position is $125,000-$215,000 + equity + 401K match. Within the range, individual pay is determined by experience, relevant education, and/or training.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 100% remote – work from anywhere in the US
- 401k matching
- Mental benefits
- Flexible work environment – you manage your workday
- Pet and child care reimbursement during travel
- Unlimited PTO