DataGrail, the standard in Privacy is growing and looking for a Product Manager that is passionate about building intentional, thoughtful and useful products and experiences for our customers to add to our fast-growing Product team.
In this role, you will make an impact not only at DataGrail, but in the always growing Data Privacy space, by delivering world class products and features that enable our customers to deliver on their commitment to transparency.
Reporting to the Director of Product Experience and Design, the Product Manager will own the vision, strategy, roadmap, and execution of a DataGrail product area. They will plan, prioritize and manage development of new features while designing and building a product strategy that enables DataGrail to continue to differentiate itself.
We are looking for someone who is driven, comfortable with ambiguity, minimal structure, interfacing with customers and excited to define the future at a rapidly scaling startup. As the company continues to grow, the Product Manager will also be growing, collaborating with their teams to ensure that DataGrail can continue on its aggressive success trajectory. Ideal applicants will have built and launched multiple successful products, be comfortable filling in any role on a team, and be eager to collaboratively create products with their cross-functional team.
Within 60 Days You’ll
- Learn DataGrail’s product development processes. Observe other Product Managers and understand our specific development processes and how features move through our development cycle.
- Learn about our product processes, customer interviews, customer feedback processes, etc.
- Shadow other product managers across the organization to understand how they work with their teams and prioritize work.
- Kick-off 1:1’s with your manager, understand your onboarding plan, and delve into your product area.
- Onboard and learn our software stack (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Start building out your first feature, taking requirements turning them into user stories with acceptance criteria. Collaborate with your cross functional delivery team, stakeholders, UX and customers to gather feedback on upcoming features.
- Run planning meetings, retrospectives and stand-ups with your cross functional delivery team. Own and groom the team’s backlog and surface high value features that align with our product vision.
- Gain an understanding of the technical complexity for both small and larger features.
- Scope MVP features and milestones that ultimately fold into much larger, future concepts.
- Participate in our GTM meeting and be able to communicate and deliver the appropriate release documentation.
Within 6 Months You’ll
- Identify the tradeoffs to prioritize features and be able to communicate as well as negotiate with stakeholders.
- Establish product metrics and KPIs for your product area as well as track and report progress across the organization.
- Collaborate with UX and run product feedback interviews with customers to obtain feedback on existing features.
- Understand and be able to present our Product Vision to customers.
Within 1 Year You’ll
- Collaborate with UX Research to champion alignment around enabling Privacy Managers to create transformational privacy programs through actively socializing research deliverables at company wide events.
- Be a subject matter expert for your specific product area, to both internal stakeholders and with customers.
- Mentor junior members of the team, setting an example for Product Managers.
- Collaborate with Product leadership to prioritize and build your product areas 4-quarter roadmap.
The Skill Set:
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management, ideally in a startup environment.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams to solve challenging problems.
- Demonstrated history of using data along with all inputs available to make feature decisions and to evaluate the success and overall health of the product
- Strong empathy for customers and stakeholders.
- Able to write requirements and feature documentation.
- Background in taking big picture requirements and distilling them into features that support the vision of the business.
- Able to prioritize backlog of user stories, features and bugs efficiently.
- Bonus points for SaaS and/or privacy experience