As a Product Manager at dbt Labs, you will work cross-functionally to help guide products from ideation to launch by connecting the technical needs of users and the business needs of our company. Product managers help define the vision, goals, and strategy we pursue in concert with engineers, designers, sales, and partners that move the practice of analytics engineering forward. In this role, you will define and deliver solutions to capture market potential from the running dbt Cloud at scale, as well as orchestrating data workflows across the ecosystem.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Study, research, and understand the analytics engineering ecosystem, with specific focus on user requirements, market potential, and competitive landscape.
- Define the vision, goals, and strategy behind product initiatives.
- Execute cross-functionally, in a collaborative manner, to launch new products, improve existing features, test effectiveness of workflows, and facilitate marketing and sales motions.
- Inspire teams of people to achieve great things together, while also tying the roadmap within a domain to broader product strategy goals and company goals.
- Create tight feedback loops with our customers who orchestrate dbt runs, ensuring that the product evolves toward the needs of these stakeholders.
You are a good fit if you have:
- You have 5+ years of experience in product management or related function (eg. engineering, analytics, design, SaaS, open source)
- You understand software engineering best practices, especially around Continuous Integration
- Previous experience working with dbt for analytics engineering
- Worked asynchronously as part of a fully-remote, distributed team
- You’re deeply quantitative and enjoy rolling up your sleeves and exploring the data and connecting it to strategic initiatives
- You have experience in the data space, using or building data tools
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator
You’ll have an edge if you have:
- Previous experience working with modern data warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Spark, Presto, etc)
- Experience with Git based development and tools (GitHub, GitLab, etc)
- Strong experience driving growth through a series of targeted changes with demonstrable quantitative impact
- Comfortable discussing, explaining and reasoning about dbt project development best-practices
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: $196,000-$265,000
- Equity Stake
- Benefits: In the US, dbt Labs offers unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!), 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution, excellent healthcare, paid parental leave, wellness stipend and a home office stipend. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package