The Product team is seeking a Newsletter Product Manager to scope and lead projects to help Forbes reach its near and long-term business goals around growing our subscribers for 20+ newsletters and email-based products reaching millions of people every day.
As a key member of the team, your primary responsibility will be to partner with our Consumer Growth and Editorial teams to grow our newsletter business. We are looking for an experienced candidate who has dedicated newsletter expertise and is obsessed with building, optimizing and cultivating deep relationships with audiences via email. The position will report to the Director of Product.
- The Newsletter Product Manager will work closely with cross functional partners to identify and deliver against shared goals and objectives.
- Work with leaders across partner teams (e.g., Product, Growth, Audience Development, Editorial, Engineering, Business Intelligence) to implement relevant recommendations that drive our newsletter business.
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis and insights to identify key initiatives to drive that will make an impact on company and product goals.
- Analyze top of funnel user behaviors for free and paid newsletters to identify and execute new ways to engage and grow our newsletter audience.
- Become a subject matter expert on our newsletter user segments and share this knowledge across the organization through digestible monthly and ad hoc newsletter KPI reports.
- Cultivate and expand the number of engaged and dynamic subscribers for free and paid newsletters.
- Partner with Growth to promote newsletters, optimize conversion funnels, retain subscribers, and strategize around deliverability.
- Understand key customer segments, uncovering opportunities within the data and working with the team to develop action plans to activate and impact KPIs.
- Drive and optimize key traffic and revenue metrics including CTR, open rates, engagement, acquisition, and retention.
- Help support the development of new series, campaigns, and A/B testing.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in digital product development and/or subscription businesses
- Experience with Cordial, Looker, Google Suite, a plus
- Experience owning and driving a roadmap and communicating these initiatives to senior company leadership
- Analytical and thoughtful thinker who uses a mix of quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions
- Experience breaking down complex problems into pieces that can be solved with data, analysis, and clear assumptions
- Enthusiasm for collaboration, and building strong relationships with colleagues across all levels and departments
- Deep interest in and understanding of trends and challenges facing the media industry, and Forbes Media
- Creative thinker with a passion for understanding our end user and the content experiences that are most valuable to them
- This role is fully remote
The annual salary range for this role is $85,000 – $105,000.