Our Engineering team’s mission is to promote a data-driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in development, analytics, database infrastructure and integration with social services experience. From Feature Releases into Clarity Human Services, to development project initiatives, to system infrastructure and QA engineering, we play an integral role in the ongoing stability and enhancement of Clarity Human Services.
- The Product Manager is responsible for product vision, planning, and delivery throughout the Clarity Human Services product life cycle.
- Architect features and functionality that align with the product vision and roadmap for Clarity Human Services based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research, and their own industry insight.
- They will work closely with Development/Engineering and other business teams to deliver new features and reporting enhancements that align with the product vision, meet market needs, and are delivered to a consistently high-quality standard; while maintaining compliance with federal and local requirements.
- Work with the Development/Engineering and Data Services teams to expand reporting capabilities.
- Develop a forecast for the product based on input from marketing, sales, market analysts, and their own experience and manage its delivery.
- Identify the key benefits and value of new features and enhancements. This will help guide marketing plans and collateral (including web updates, product training materials, and sales training).
- Leading and ideating the QA vision, maintaining QA procedures for Sprint Releases and Development projects
As a Product Manager, You Will:
- Supporting development project initiatives, Agile sprint releases, and internal technology projects.
- Act as a liaison between the Operations, Database, QA, and Engineering teams to ensure project and system requirements are met and timelines are maintained.
- Reviewing development tasks to ensure task requirements are clear, accurate, and fully address all impacts to the system, this includes Sprints and development project initiatives.
- Translate customer needs into Clarity Human Services business processes, while maintaining compliance with federal and local requirements
- Monitor Bugs to ensure prompt resolution, as well as blocker issues that may occur
- Analyze the impacts of tasks and communicate changes to affected teams.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Clarity Human Services software, the market, relevant technology, and the competition.
- Support implementation of the Clarity Human Services product strategy and roadmap
- Manage the product throughout its lifecycle from concept to end-of-life
- Collect, manage and maintain traceability of requirements from all stakeholders across product releases
- Write the business case for development initiatives and gain internal approval
- Write clear Product Requirements related to upcoming and potential features and projects with the ability to ideate multiple solutions or alternative approaches as necessary
- Provide QA to feature releases and projects as necessary to ensure enhancements are working in alignment with requirements and within the system as a whole
- Work with internal stakeholders and third parties to assess and establish partnerships
- Support customer-facing teams in the demonstration of new products
- Monitor, report, and improve product performance
- Run trials and MVPs, develop and deliver go-live launch plans
- Support Learning & Development in the procurement of feature release documentation
- Collate feedback from internal staff and customers
- Represent the voice of the customer and product in senior-level management meetings
- Evangelize the product internally and externally
- Be recognized as a leader in the business and build relations with business stakeholders
You Will Love This Position If:
- Passionate about ideating and delivering best-of-breed software solutions.
- Willing to have in-depth knowledge of the Clarity Human Services software, and impacts with database and reporting functionality.
- Passionate about problem-solving, analysis, and learning new skills.
- You are extremely focused to detail and can design complex systems with many moving parts with a focus on simplicity.
Required Experience That Drives Success In This Role:
- You are highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- You possess sophisticated project management skills and a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and contractual obligations, including the ability to constantly triage, and moving projects along parallel timelines, while responding to new priorities.
- You have strong analytical abilities, with working knowledge of quantitative and qualitative statistics, and (basic) analytics tools.
- Innovative thinking to identify best practices when problem-solving.
- Expert in writing clear, concise requirements for engineering teams.
- Experience utilizing Jira for Agile workstream planning and delivery.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- In-depth knowledge of HUD and federal partner funding policies, reporting requirements and data standards.
- In-depth knowledge of full software development lifecycle and best practices.
- An innovative approach to meeting development project requirements and deliverables.
- Experience with Looker, and knowledge of reporting analytics tools.
How We’ll Support You:
- Robust onboarding and training support
- A unique, friendly, and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- Medical insurance covered at 100% for employees
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Annual salary increases and/or bonuses
- Opportunities for professional growth and development