In this role, you will envision, design, deliver, plan and drive tech innovations to improve EverQuote’s new pricing platform and 3rd Party media partner tools, with a focus on our auction mechanics, bidding systems and 3rd party data integrations. You will own the roadmap, adoption, operation, business value and life cycle for our 3rd party pricing platforms and systems at EverQuote. You are data-driven in your thinking, and lead discussions with data. You will build partnerships — up, down, and across — with Product Managers, Sales, Data Science, Architects and Engineers. You will define metrics to measure progress and value. You will provide direct visibility to senior leadership on all aspects of your programs on a regular cadence.
What you’ll be doing:
- Owns the product roadmap for the technical Team. Defines long-term product strategy/vision, and new features to meet emerging needs and technologies while proactively identifying gaps/opportunities.
- Sets the strategic direction of the cross-functional team, working with Sales, Analytics, Data Science, Architects and Engineers to build a business case for funding
- Drives strategic platform communications internally/externally.
- Understands and drives adoption of best in class Agile processes; works closely with engineering to ensure the right outcomes
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and approaches buy/build decisions appropriately with data
- Possess a continuous learner and continuous improvement mindset, constantly drives better execution and optimal sequencing of work
What it takes:
- 2+ years of product management, or relevant experience at an Internet and/or Technology company (experience in marketing technology, auction technology or bidding technology would be great)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver distinctive impact in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proven ability to think strategically and execute solutions to address both defined and undefined problems
- Background in analytics or data science
- Fluency in SQL for self-service data analysis purposes
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of an organization
- Previous experience working at a company or product in the Ad Technology or Data pipelines space.
- Broad technical expertise, including web front-end, web services, and back-end application infrastructure