As a Product Line Manager, you will drive the vision, roadmap, and delivery for Aura’s D2C next-gen digital security solution. With user touchpoints across mobile app, web, desktop application, and browser extension, Aura is comprehensive, personalized, easy to use, and proactively identifies areas of risk in a user’s digital life.
This role is part of the Customer Experience product team that is focused deeply on the user’s experience in the product throughout their lifecycle, including onboarding & early life, alerts, and upsell.
In this role, you will comprehensively craft the user’s early life journey in the product, helping customers find value quickly and convert from free trial users into paid customers. This role requires deep customer empathy, a bias towards action, an inclination to look outside the box for opportunities to drive big impact, and the ability to get quick signal on what drives customer value.
You will partner directly with leads across the business to test and optimize key metrics such as free trial conversion and feature activation rate across different user segments, audiences, and product offerings/tiers.
Note, this position is an individual contributor role.
- Outcome-oriented and hypothesis-driven – you use empirical evidence to design product experiences that measurably improve business metrics like free trial conversion, building an understanding of the underlying product metrics that drive each business metric
- Test and learn mindset – we are in a phase of active A/B testing, user testing and gathering insights from data and user feedback. This role will need to develop and test hypotheses in a scrappy, agile fashion and pivot as we continuously learn
- Elevated emphasis on user experience: you are ruthlessly customer-centric in your approach, adept at reverse engineering customer issues and pain points, and readily employ sketches, user flows, or wireframes to articulate your creative concepts.
- Influential communication – this is an extremely cross functional role and requires a communication style that facilitates team collaboration, quick decisions, and team alignment
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Aura’s customer journey across web and mobile touchpoints within the customer experience product team, driving metrics like free trial conversion and feature activation rate
- Develop Product roadmap in line with overall business prioritization, working with marketing, technical, design, data/analytics, customer service, legal, and security teams
- Clearly communicate roadmap and test calendar to a spectrum of audiences, from cross-functional stakeholders to Aura executives
- Hypothesize, measure, learn, and be prepared to change course. Continuously test, share results with the team and leadership, and leverage test learnings to drive future test hypotheses
- Work from customer pain points to develop a clear future vision. Draw up a quick user flow to explain your ideas to broad audiences, and translate those quick sketches into explicit product requirements
- Manage senior stakeholders through the full product lifecycle: from definition through testing and feature release
- Be incredibly truth-seeking. Collect whatever data is necessary to inform product direction, whether in the form of competitive intel, user behavior, testing, or other business metrics.
- Monitor and measure launched experiences, and feed insights back into the product testing and development process
What you bring to the table:
- 3-5 years of consumer product management experience, with some experience across mobile and web apps. Experience bringing new D2C products and features from 0 to 1 is a major plus.
- Experience with A/B testing technologies and best practices
- Experience with user acquisition; experience with subscriptions or free trial to paid business models a plus
- Great communication skills and experience managing a complex network of stakeholders
- Obsession with details and data-driven decision making
- Design thinking and customer-centric approach to building, experimenting, and iterating products
Aura is committed to offering a generous package to support our employees in all aspects of their life in and out of work. Our packages offer competitive pay, generous health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, parental leave and much more!
Pay range for this position is $122,500 – $190,000, but may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location.