Cash App’s top strategic business priority is Trust: building deep trust with our customers allows us to deepen our financial relationship with them, introduce them to new products, increase our share of wallet for each service, and expand our customer base. The Health team’s mission is to create a holistic Cash App experience that fosters the trust, safety, security, and support of our customers and their assets – all while expanding access within the Cash App ecosystem. One of the core pillars of Health is the Identity Customer Experience and Platform team whose mission is to build remarkable, highly trusted customer identity verification user experiences and a scalable, shared infrastructure to enable access for Cash App’s full suite of products.
Our product leaders are customer-obsessed, collaborate intensely with other key disciplines, and always make decisions with an eye towards Cash App’s business as a whole. Successful product leaders are ambitious and resourceful – willing to go the extra mile to empower our teams, and deliver value to our customers.
As the Product Lead for the Identity team, you will own the core features of customer identity verification from the user experience to the platform infrastructure. You will be responsible for the team’s vision, strategy, roadmap prioritization, and customer and business impact and will drive high impact initiatives from inception through execution. These are foundational user experiences and services that enable access to Cash App products, so providing an excellent end-to-end experience is of utmost importance. This role will require optimization of current features through customer research, analysis, experimentation, and product validation, as well as the creativity to dream up and build new features to improve our user experience to expand financial access to millions of customers around the world.
- Own the ideation, strategy, design, implementation, and improvement of products and infrastructure to help us build trust with our customers
- Lead a full stack development team (engineers, designers, researchers, data scientists, business operations) to ship innovative and incredible experiences at scale
- Lead product strategy, customer research, opportunity sizing, planning, scoping, and prioritization to build the highest impact products or improvements for our customers
- Structure our team’s processes to enhance execution velocity, making tactical tradeoffs between business priorities and resources
- Drive effective cross-functional partnership, constantly inspiring and influencing colleagues in legal, compliance, support, machine learning, and other product areas to deliver on goals and maximize impact
- Define the framework and metrics to measure the impact of the team; deeply understand the core drivers and monitor progress
- Manage the roadmap to deliver on this strategy, balancing short term goals with long term vision.
- Develop the strategy for internal tools, shared systems, and processes that govern all of Cash App’s customer engagement.
- Work with cross functional team members distributed across the four US times zones and Melbourne, Australia
- 8+ years of product management experience with a strong familiarity of platform engineering infrastructure and a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale
- Outstanding leadership skills; the ability to inspire team members and drive collaborative decision-making across geographically dispersed cross-functional teams
- Exceptional prioritization and stakeholder management skills, particularly working with compliance/legal and external partners in a highly regulated industry
- Excellent oral and written communication, narrative storytelling, and organization skills that instills confidence from senior leadership
- An analytical mindset with the ability to distill and communicate complex data to make decisions, determine roadmap prioritization, and understand and communicate customer and business impact
- Comfort operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with rapid development cycles
- A hunger to tackle complicated and impactful customer and business problems
- Experience in the fintech industry, ideally in the identity space with demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices
- US-based, ideally PST timezone. Remote acceptable
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $202,500 – USD $247,500
Zone B: USD $192,400 – USD $235,200
Zone C: USD $182,300 – USD $222,800
Zone D: USD $172,200 – USD $210,400