At Synctera, we’re powering the future of FinTech. We help companies create new revenue streams and enhance their value proposition with FinTech apps and embedded banking products. With APIs, compliance support, and bank partners in one end-to-end Banking as a Service platform, Synctera is the fastest and easiest way to build, launch, and scale bank accounts, debit cards, charge cards, lending, and more.
We are looking for interesting, curious, wickedly smart people who are ready to jump in and run with our fast-growing team. If you want to have fun at work, collaborate with some of the sharpest people in the industry, grow the FinTech and Banking as a Service ecosystem, and love to win, read on!
What We’re Looking For
As a Product Designer you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from defining the product strategy and roadmap to driving release milestones with the engineering team. You will be using your skills in strategic thinking, user research, data analysis, requirements definition and release management to create an exciting and modern UX that thrills our customers.
Our dream candidate is a user obsessed, enthusiastic team player who enjoys working closely with other product managers and developers, and is eager to help solve a range of wicked problems. We’re searching for someone with great talent, super attitude, and a passion to help drive change in financial services.
We are seeking candidates for a 3-month contract position with the possibility of full-time employment.
What You’ll Do
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just ‘how it looks’ but ‘why we should build’)
- Ensure a consistent UX experience for all parties interacting with Synctera, by establishing consistent design patterns, UX components, typography, templates, and hierarchy
- Be the voice of the customer, take initiative to conduct UX research, share the learnings and help improve user experience
- Influence, communicate design options and defend design decision
- Work closely with the Synctera product development team for the UX design and create product roadmaps to execute those strategies
- Gather requirements, capture user stories and create specifications for stakeholders and the development team
- Deliver projects with the highest impact
- Map out the minimum viable product; coordinating resources to successfully launch products and measuring core success metrics to continually iterate and improve future phases
- Work in daily scrums with the team
What You’ll Bring
- 6+ years of solid UXD and UXR experience bringing B2B SAAS products to market and seeing it through many iterations
- Experience with top-notch banking services and innovative lending products for B2B products
- Experience with prototyping and prototyping integration into the Software development life cycle
- Strong design process improvement and strategic alignment experience
- Strong analysis skills: you are superb at breaking down problems into logical steps
- Strong data-driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and metrics)
- Solid technical background, experienced with working on systems that process imperfect data
- Ability to design and navigate through conflicting priorities, turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to identify and design for different persons and understand process overlay
- Refresh the UX strategy, lead and uplevel design capabilities
- Understand methodology behind creating amazing user workflows
- Superb communication skills (we emphasize team collaboration) – can convey technical concepts to non-technical people as well as turn non-technical requirements into technical specifications
- Ability to think through problems and develop solutions quickly as a phenomenal problem solver
- Results-oriented, someone who knows how to get the job done regardless of circumstance
- Team player who loves to collaborate and bounce ideas off others – you understand that giving/receiving feedback is crucial in your development and growth
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Gitlab and Figma
- A favorite prototyping tool and approach
- Ability to lead design thinking workshops
- Agile methodology (Scrum, Kanban) experience
- Experience with Marketplaces and Platforms
- Solid understanding of banking, payments and financial services disruption
- Experience working within a startup environment