Gather is a unique platform that blends together the mediums of video game design as well as productivity tools – helping audiences of all backgrounds and ages form new virtual social habits and new ways of thinking about their digital presence. As a designer at Gather, you’ll have the opportunity to craft experiences that are not only elegant, intuitive and functional but also playful and charming for our users. Reporting directly to the Co-Founder and Chief of Product, you will be part of a growing design team that is going to play a key role in defining our users’ experience. Our team has a unique culture where engineers and designers are both heavily involved in the product process.
Where you will make an impact:
- Conduct user interviews with existing customers and use that feedback to inform our experience
- Work cross functionally with our engineering, product, and art teams to iterate on designs and get them in front of hundreds of thousands of real people
- Contribute to our overall aesthetic and design philosophy as we continue to iterate
- *And anything else you dream up!—*at this early stage, ideating and inspiring those around you is part of the job, and you will have tons of creative freedom to explore what’s possible with this novel interactive medium.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience working alongside engineers, product managers and other designers shipping real products
- A strong command of Figma for prototyping, iterating, and sharing your work
- Minute attention to detail and a love for using data to build beautiful products for our users
- The ability to turn limited information and uncertainty into bold, concrete product design decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- An open, growth mindset when giving and receiving feedback