INCOME INEQUALITY IS BAD. HELP MAKE IT A LITTLE BETTER.
Alice raises the take-home pay of working Americans. Help us make software that turns everyday expenses like train tickets, Tylenol, and tampons into tax free income on hourly workers’ paychecks.
Right now, more than half the country doesn’t have even $400 for an emergency. When employees spend on healthcare, childcare, and commuting, Alice adds money back to their take home pay. No interest, no fees, nothing to pay back. It’s their money.
That $50 copay at the doctor becomes $50 of tax free income. A $200 monthly bus pass becomes $200 of tax free income. Prescriptions, contact lenses, sunblock—the list is long. When these expenses are pretax, employees keep hundreds more of their pay and employers pay less in payroll taxes. Imagine being able to create products that give hourly workers a dollar an hour raise. Join us and help boost the pay of hourly, part-time, temporary, and seasonal workers, as well as their salaried and corporate colleagues, with software!
You may already know about pretax benefits…a hodgepodge of FSAs, HSAs, commuter benefits, HRAs, and more alphabet soup. They’ve been around since 1978 yet only affluent, white-collar workers have had access to them. 156 million employees in the US are spending on healthcare, childcare, and commuting, and they all deserve these benefits.
We’ve rebuilt them all in software to make them accessible to employers and usable to the employees who need them most. Employees just connect their own credit and debit cards or get an Alice Card to connect their spending and start raising their take home pay.
We’re a bright, diverse, and dedicated team solving hard problems. We get to work in all of the best “changemaking” cultures—with people from the venture community, regulators and policy experts, employers and their HR staff, and local community leaders.
We take great pride in having team members from different backgrounds because we know that every voice matters. Our team has members that are disabled, LGBT, and first-generation college grads. We prioritize vacations. We aim for gender balanced hiring at leadership levels. We are all dedicated to making Alice the company where stunning colleagues make their mark.
Alice is a remote-first company, and you are welcome to work from anywhere in the United States!
- Work alongside Product Managers, Engineers, and User Researchers to identify and solve complex problems and design elegant solutions
- Collaborate with your team to scope, build, test, and ship high-impact products and features
- Champion both design and design process by presenting your work cross-functionally, effectively articulating design rationale to gather stakeholder buy-in.
- Turn insights from user research and data analytics into tangible design concepts.
- Identify design process gaps or inefficiencies and contribute to improvements.
- Work with the design team to establish and maintain a high-quality design system
- Help cultivate a strong design culture at Alice
What we’re looking for:
- 3-4 years of product design experience
- A portfolio of high-quality design work that demonstrates strong design thinking skills and thoughtful processes
- Excellent visual and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate and support your design decisions
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, Principal, or similar
- Experience working with Product Managers, Engineers, User Researchers, Product Marketers and other cross-functional partners to design and deliver quality user experiences
- An understanding of systems thinking and component-based design patterns
- A knack for designing experiences that guide users through complicated concepts in simple ways
- A demonstrated empathy for users