You will join a growing mission-driven Product Design team with a strong dedication to our customers by ensuring that the design and experience of our products are seamless, meaningful, and valuable. Each Product Designer will collaborate on a product team consisting of a Product Manager and up to 6-8 engineers, while also working with other cross-functional groups. Together, you will own a part of Red Canary, ship solutions to complex problems, and capture feedback from interacting directly with customers.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and work through design problems from beginning to end; translating insights from research and analytics into concepts that form ground-breaking new products and features, and designing the detailed workflows, prototypes, and interactions required to make them a reality.
- Collaborate with designers across the organization to raise the bar of quality and continuously improve Red Canary’s design processes, principles, systems, and tooling.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability, and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, visual design, and transitions.
- Perform research to test your work, iterate on it, and validate the final result.
- Partner with product managers to inform, define, and evolve product roadmaps.
- Work closely and collaborate with engineers as we build, iterate on, and ship ideas.
What You’ll Bring
- A strong voice for our users and their needs through research, empathy, and understanding.
- 3-5 years of experience crafting digital products and systems, not just websites. You have helped ship customer-centric products that tackle real problems.
- 3-5 years of experience with the entire product development process; from problem solving and system modeling, to detailed interface, to prototypes, to interaction design, visual, and service design.
- Experience with design systems, responsive design, and accessibility.
- Experience with design thinking methodologies, activities, and facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to help people across the company understand the rationale behind your proposals and navigate complex nuances of design problems.
- An ambitious spirit and ability to deeply collaborate cross-functionally including product management, engineering, research, and analytics.
Targeted base salary range: $120,000 – $140,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.