We are currently seeking a Product Analytics Intern! The Product Analytics function at Addepar helps our product & engineering teams make informed decisions about design, prioritization, and how we do product development. We play a meaningful role in ensuring our valuable time and efforts are spent on solving the right problem the right way.
As a full-time product analytics intern, you’ll apply your curiosity and analytical abilities to support one major product initiative, from refining and tracking success metrics, dissecting user behavior, and capturing and analyzing additional data to support decisions along the way. You will be paired with and mentored by an analytics expert, and participate in brainstorming sessions, partner meetings, analytics round tables, and other cross-functional activities throughout your internship. You’ll learn about the technologies involved in typical business intelligence stacks as well as those used to capture and analyze user behaviors in products. You will walk away with an in-depth understanding of the product-development process at a Fintech startup and how data can play a critical role.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $25 – $39.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and business partners to understand their data and analytical needs and define project requirements
- Investigate data availability and quality, work with data engineers to ensure that the required datasets are extracted, transformed, and ready for modeling and analysis
- Analyze and visualize data to generate concrete insights for your internal partners
- Present your findings and project status at key turning points
- Enable self-service monitoring of key metrics by designing and building intuitive dashboards, crafting detailed documentation, and stakeholder training and walkthroughs
Who You Are
- You must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution (university must be located in the US & Canada) & must be returning to school after internship
- Available to intern for the full 12 weeks
- 2+ years of experience or equivalent education covering databases, SQL, analytics, and/or statistics
- Experience with analytical or business intelligence (BI) tools is strongly preferred (Looker, Power BI, Tableau, Mode, etc.)
- Bonus points for basic skills in python, prior experience working with product development teams, project/task management, data warehousing, or dimensional modeling
- Excellent communication skills encompassing verbal, written, and visual communication, with the ability to tell compelling stories with data.
- A passion for extracting insights from data and using analytics to address meaningful and challenging product or client questions
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies, analytical concepts, and systems.
- Familiarity with the financial industry and/or money & wealth tracking apps is advantageous
- Interested in pursuing a career in analytics, product management, program management, or operations is preferred
- Act Like an Owner – Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together – Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients – Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation – Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning – Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.