Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Procurement Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a skilled procurement manager who is an out-of-the-box thinker and expert negotiator, able to establish strategic vendor relationships that lead to performance-based, low-cost solutions. You must be someone who can provide exceptional leadership and strategic solutions to maximize profits while decreasing operational expenses. The successful candidate will have cross-functional expertise in purchasing software and third-party services and who desires to be an integral part of the development of process improvements. This position will participate in the strategic design, plan, and execution of long-term solutions to increase efficiency and favorably impact the bottom-line, leveraging expertise in finance and accounting to ensure company fiscal goals are met. You will be developing and implementing resource-efficient procedures that result in a decrease in overhead; and focusing on user satisfaction, ensuring timely delivery of requirements to achieve retention and loyalty from vendors.
What you will contribute:
- Develop sound, cost-effective strategies for the purchasing of software and third-party services used in the business in order to achieve streamlining processes and cost reductions.
- Develop a company wide procurement process including, use of purchase orders, approval limits, procurement credit card policies.
- Analyze data to balance, usage, needs and pricing across users to identify the optimize service levels and pricing.
- Proactively look for opportunities to consolidate usage and avoid duplication of services, allowing for higher utilization and potential volume discounts.
- Evaluating spending operations while seeking ways to improve and enhance the quality and return on investment of services purchased.
- Communicating with management regularly regarding forecasted spend and savings.
- Conducting cost analyses and setting benchmarks for improvement.
- Working closely with the company legal department to make sure contracts and terms are favorable.
What you bring to Uplight
- Experience with project management.
- 3+ years of experience in technology environment or related field.
- APICS Certification and/or Lean/Six Sigma Experience preferred.
- ERP system knowledge required; NetSuite experience a plus.
- Effective collaboration skills – you’ll work across all levels of leadership.
- The ability to exercise sound judgment when selecting methods and evaluation criteria for obtaining results or evaluating supplier responses.
- The ability to stay current on market intelligence to assist in negotiation effectiveness.
- The ability to apply knowledge appropriately when evaluating new information technologies.
- Resolution skills – you’ll face a wide range of sourcing issues.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, legal drafting of custom language and communication skills.
- A passion for and natural curiosity in relation to tech.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $131,200 to $149,400