AlphaSense is currently seeking a Procurement Category Manager responsible for Software/SaaS, Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure), Technology category experience along with general category knowledge. This is the opportunity to make an immediate, meaningful, and lasting impact on our fast-growing company.
What You’ll Do:
Category Management & Delivery
- Personally develops, leads, and manages categories.
- Develops an end-to-end category strategy, mapping out the current landscape and defining an improvement plan for the near, mid, and long-term to stimulate interest from and engagement with stakeholders.
- Activities such as: market research, demand management, specification development, spend analytics, category strategy development, business case development, negotiation, lead RFP’s, E-Procurement, Supplier management, and stakeholder engagement.
- Deliver procurement activities, including enabling the Business to self-serve post Contract Management, KPI & SLA development and tracking, Stakeholder engagement, Communications, Risk and Supplier Relationship Management (SRM).
- Utilize established tools/systems & adherence to policies.
- Feed success stories into overall Procurement communications.
Client/Internal Stakeholder Relations
- Demonstrating value delivery to all stakeholders to reinforce stakeholder buy-in.
- Be able to engage leaders to gain insights and perspective.
- Understand business area needs, strategies and priorities and service accordingly.
- Ability to explain Indirect Procurement practices, benefits to the organization, the value of Supplier Relationship Management participation in post contract management.
- Demonstrate AlphaSense values in all relationships (including Suppliers).
- The Procurement Team is responsible for business-wide engagement. This role is responsible for the credibility and reputation of Procurement as a value-adding team. “Selling” Procurement is a key part of this role.
- Specifically, where the business is not engaged, or late, finds ways of improving engagement and develops a plan of action.
- Ability to address urgent needs of the business effectively and efficiently.
- Champion and enact business sourcing to leverage AlphaSense’s buying power.
- Be knowledgeable in best procurement practice for the categories.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies with the business, expertly advising and guiding the process to the best-fit approach, tactics, and tools (e.g., outcome-based specifications, RFP/RFI/RFQ builds, KPI/SLA development).
Processes, Metrics & Execution
- Educate, champion and drive business stakeholders through the Procurement system.
- Track progress against objectives; refine and develop audience- updates.
- Use market research to ensure that AlphaSense stays abreast of latest market cost/value/innovation developments per Category.
- Work in collaboration with Finance, Legal, IT, Security, Internal Audit/Risk and other functions to ensure compliance to policies and audit remediation.
- Responsible for the professional negotiation and contract management process, including facilitating extended team members involvement (e.g., Legal, Finance, IT and Security).
- Responsible to the stakeholder for the timely procurement of contract services required for company operations.
- Create, prioritize, and plan a pipeline of opportunities to deliver the saving objectives and reduce overall risk.
- Develop and maintain an annual supplier management plan, including forecasted spend, savings expectations and performance objectives.
- Enable AlphaSense to get the best out of its Suppliers by working in partnership with them for mutual good business.
- Help the Business conduct post contract management and facilitate Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) with key (top 20%) Suppliers.
- Ensure Procurement, the Business, and Suppliers conduct business ethically, and within the Company’s policies and guidelines. Alert the leadership to any improper practice.
- Encourage Supplier Diversity.
Who You Are:
- BA or BS; Procurement Certifications are a plus.
- 6+ years of experience in Global Strategic Sourcing Procurement organizations.
- Expertise in developing, leading, driving and managing supplier and contract negotiations including achievement of TCO value. Extensive knowledge of category management practices and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver value-added results to the organization by driving financial analysis principles and procurement discipline.
- High level of client focus and an ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to think strategically, communicate expectations and drive to achieve results.
- Base Compensation Range*: $131,000 – $150,000